The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does as anyone know of a good headlight upgrade for my 2001 7.3
I bought headlight housings and new HID lamps but I think it's worse than the stock ones I had. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
White '99.5 F250 SD XLT 4x2, 7.3PSD, 6spd, SuperCab, Short Bed - purchased Oct'05
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
A little pricey, but a HID retrofit is your best option. Try to visit theretrofitsource to see the available kits for your truck.

·
Super Moderator
26,430 Posts
To stay with the stock Ford headlights, an upgrade to '02 and later headlight housings with the clear lens is a significant improvement from the 99-01 fluted lens style. Some of the aftermarket retrofits shouldn't be on the road, as they may not be Federal DOT approved, and can blind oncoming drivers, even on low beam. Some people don't care about that, but should.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Back in 2010ish time frame I was involved in a collision that took out my front bumper , headlights, and grill area. I took that opportunity to upgrade my headlight buckets to 2005 headlights (I kept '99 bumper and grill). That was a big improvement but the real improvement came in 2018 when I changed the bulbs to LEDS. I love the visibility now.

just picked up some 2005 headlights and ordered the led bulbs and harness adapters. I'm hoping the install isn't that big of a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts