The Diesel Stop banner

Headlight upgrades for 2003 F250

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  karlduke 
#1 ·
It has been several years since I have been on this site. I have just recently been interested in upgrading my headlights to LED. Before throwing money at the problem I started trying to research what others were doing on this site. The problem that I am having is that the posts that have seen are all over 10-12 years old. Many of the links in those posts are no longer valid. This site has changed quite a bit since I was here last. Right now i have more questions than answers.

1. Does anyone still make the harness upgrade for my truck and is it still a recommended mod?
2. I have seen references to the 9007 and 9008 bulbs. I have no idea what the 2003 uses.

Thanks in advance for any insite.

Bobby

#2 · (Edited)
Your truck uses 9007 bulbs. The housings are pretty good to start with, but you could upgrade your bulbs (at the expense of a bit less life) to something like Sylvania SilverStars and see some improvement. Harnesses are still available: SUVLights now named Tripod. But you can fab one up yourself for quite a bit less if you're marginally handy. I made my own years ago. Here's a Link to some photos and notes. A harness will increase brightness somewhat as well along with the bulb upgrade.
I have no opinion on LED lights, although I do swear at some of them coming at me down the road. Many aftermarket kits are not street legal, mainly because they'll blind oncoming drivers. Please take that into consideration.

#3 ·
I just went to the SUVLights Tripod link that you provided and like what I saw. I do have the ability but not the time to make my own. I selected the appropriate wire bundle but was unable to get to the cart to complete the purchase. Do you know if they are still active?

#5 ·
+1 for Summit Racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.