The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ol heater seems to blow hot but it doesn't blow hard at all. Fan sounds like it's running fast and blowing hard but it's really not blowing much at all. I searched heater and ran through last 5 years of posts and found nothing

·
Registered
287 Posts
When i took my blower fan assembly out there was alot of junk in the little compartment that the fan went in. I don't know if that would be the problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine also was full of leaves and sticks and junk. Open the hood, remove the fan, reach your hand in there and scoop out all the junk. it could be blocking incoming air.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The heater-boxes on these trucks collect lots of leaves and other junk that can block airflow and has been known to start fires. After you take the fan out be sure to carefully reach around the corner and get all the junk away from the fan resister-pack, the pack has some sharp corners. I try to pull the fan for a clean-out every year after the leaves drop.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
ALSO!!!!! if some previous owner--thru things on top of the dash--and some fell down into the heater box--and then traveled, to the blend door--oh boy!!!!!! s the hinge pin, on that door,is plastic, and the vacuum can, has enough power to pull the door,,and break the hinge pin--and the cure??????? pull the dash back a bit--and pull the whole heater box assm, and replace the door!! got a 86 i aint fixed yet--as its a JOB!!!! or just get a whole diff heater box assm,and check the pin in it aint broke!!!!!!! as it seems,,LOTS of people, like to throw things of the top of the dash,,,,,,,smelled smoke,like sulphur in mine one day,,,,smoke out the vents,,seems bozo before me liked to smoke, and a book of matches fell down in there,and when the heater came on for the first time--the heat was hot enough, to light the matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they went out after a bit--and still have a melted spot on the outside firewall box!!! luckily it didnt start on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_mad:

·
Registered
422 Posts
i had a car burn one because of a mouse nest in the heater box, blower resistor lit it up

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If your lucky enough to have a truck with AC, it is simple. Open the hood, see the fan motor on the passenger-side of the firewall, pull the 4 screws an it slides out.
Non-AC are said to be different.

A little more information in your signature, is sometimes helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts