The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starters. my heater core has sprung a leak how is the best way to remove and replace it? second question is i get heat in the vents but not much pressure behind it. ive tested to see if the fan is working like it should it is. what else could cause this?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If I remember right, the heater core is accessed by removing the glove box, and some of the covers under that side of the dashboard. As for the weak vents, it's hard to say by looking at a 'puter screen. Look for broken ducts, and look at the mixer door.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Every year, I have to pull the blower motor out of my heater to remove material left overs from mice. What happens is that they build their winter nests ahead of the heater core and it is than sucked into the core which plugs up the air flow. I store my truck each winter so this may not be an issue with everyone. I have tried moth balls and other preventatives but the problem returns each year.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also if the little plastic line going to the ac box under the hood cracks causing low vacuum to the door. happened on mine , fixed it helped mine. Might be worth a check .

·
Registered
11,839 Posts
I'm with oldrebuiltdodge, it comes out from the glove box area. It's been a long time, but best I can recall it's a pretty easy job compared to other vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts