The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the two harness/plugs that come off the firewall on the drivers side ?
One comes from the computer and the other from the fuse panel.
A squirrel made a nest in there over the coarse of a week or so and chewed the S__t our of both harnesses right up to the plugs
and some are chewed in multiple places.
Since some wires are completely gone, I'll be better off cutting both off at the engine bay fuse box and replacing all the way to the plugs.
Does anyone know of an F350 F-Superduty getting parted out. Hopefully it's the same harness as a regular F350

·
Premium Member
8,668 Posts
First off does the truck start and run or is it dead in the water?

I think that the only place that you will find those harnesses are going to be off a part out truck. If it starts and runs then you may want to look at repairing what is damaged and go from there.

There are a couple of vendors that offer harnesses but most of what I have seen are the ones on top of the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't run, no dash lights, nothing. I'm going to need harnesses from both plugs coming off the firewall. I have a race motor to build with racing season right around the corner
and I did not need this !
That squirrels ass is mine !

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hope you get this fixed without too much trouble!

I've recently seen evidence of mice under the hood. So far they haven't eaten my wires. I have placed a perferated container with moth balls in the driver's side corner of the engine bay. I hope they don't like moth balls.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I used to use a poison in my travel trailer until one big rat ate the bait and died inside in a place that could not be found until it was a dried-up, skeletonized residue. That was an ordeal I don't want to repeat.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I use spring loaded traps with peanut butter.

I also have a barn cat.

I try and steer clear of poisons because of our dogs.

Good luck to the OP. You have greater patience than myself by choosing to fix the wiring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same type problem when I bought a E350 shuttle bus for the engine and trans (only 85K miles for $1000). Varmints chewed up everything when it came to wiring. I got some wiring harness parts from dieseloringscom. They were not listed but had in stock when I called them. Most wiring harness parts for these years are no longer available. I would off my extra but no sure if they same for E350's (Vans) and F-series. The OP is 30 days old so I might be late on this.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Has anyone had luck with the "rodent tape" which is made with Capsaicin? That is the chemical in peppers that makes them hot... so it is natural and not poison. It is supposed to prevent mice from nibbling wiring... I dare say it would not likely protect anything else like the connectors though. Meeses will chew on most things under the hood! I an always amazed when I have to repair a truck that had this damage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would think that you could wrap the connectors also, as long as you know where they are if you need to disconnect them. Seems like a good concept. I would love to know if it works. It would not work against chickens. They have no heat receptors! Also you would not want to wipe your eyes or take a leak after touching it. I tried the peppermint packs all around my old camper and my wife's wintertime 4x4. They are WORTHLESS the mice ate them up like candy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts