The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carli 2" leveling kit, 295/65/20 tires. Will I be under 7ft cab height? Truck is 2015 250 4x4 6.7 for what it matters.

I don't really want to level it, but I'm planning on a ranch hand legend bumper and don't want a saggy front end.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
how high is the cab right now??? I don't think you'll be even close to the 7'. my 02 has 4" lift with 37" tire and i might be just about 7'

edit: so from the spec your truck is 80" (6'7") so you should be under the 7' with 2" level kit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to still fit in the garage with confidence before wasting money. Lol. The math tells me I should be ok, but my eyes and head have me worried.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well I had 82.5" on my garage door before I got the truck. I measured it and was sure it would fit no problem. Our driveway is slightly lower than the garage floor so I thought I was good to go. Got home with it first night and the back of the cab started to hit. I took out a sawsall and removed the 1/2" door seal and it JUST fit in. So for me my stock platinum needed 83" to fit. I later removed an extra 1/2" all around and put up new door seal. Now I have to make sure my added airbags are never above 5psi when I pull in.

Reactions: yan7gin

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I had 82.5" on my garage door before I got the truck. I measured it and was sure it would fit no problem. Our driveway is slightly lower than the garage floor so I thought I was good to go. Got home with it first night and the back of the cab started to hit. I took out a sawsall and removed the 1/2" door seal and it JUST fit in. So for me my stock platinum needed 83" to fit. I later removed an extra 1/2" all around and put up new door seal. Now I have to make sure my added airbags are never above 5psi when I pull in.
What lift did you install? I also only have a 7' garage door and I want to install a 2.5" lift with 35", but I need to fit into the garage.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
272 Posts
No lift installed at all. Truck was and is stock height. Just with 20" stock wheels the top of the cab just hit the door that measured 82.5". Making the door 83" it just fits. Just be sure to measure your 7' door to be sure it is the full 84".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Carli 2" leveling kit, 295/65/20 tires. Will I be under 7ft cab height? Truck is 2015 250 4x4 6.7 for what it matters.

I don't really want to level it, but I'm planning on a ranch hand legend bumper and don't want a saggy front end.

Thanks
WDT,

Did you ever install the lift? Does it fit into your garage?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up. Finally did the leveling kit. Carli 2.5" leveling kit and 295/65/20 tires and still under enough to be below the garage door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts