The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2003 f 250 super duty 4x4,130,000 ,always had a 7.3 and kind of wish I still did but was unable to find one when I needed it, anyway, truck runs fine, thing is sometimes it cranks a lot to start, other times it turns about three times and fires up, I wanted to test the glow plugs as I did on my 7.3, trouble is I can not find them,:lol::lol: the stuff is so packed under that hood, I have no idea if there are any in the 6.0, are there??
I am sure you guys are rolling right now, but so am I, so could one of you let me know if there glow plurg, and where I would find them.'

Thank You :thup:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
This time of year, the glow plugs aren't really needed much. I bet you have another issue.

6.0L ownership pretty much requires the owner to have an electronic gauge system to monitor "PIDs" when troubleshooting.

You could have battery voltage issues, alternator issues, FICM issues, HPO issues, etc. My first recommendation would be to fully charge the batteries and load test them.

We need more information for sure!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Thank you for the reply, I know it is still warm,I just wanted to check them before winter hits, it is already down in low 50`s but I don`t see them,

·
Registered
266 Posts
The glow plugs are on the side of the cylinder heads , just above the manifolds. Right about where a spark plug would be if it was a gas engine. You're probably going to need new glow plug harnesses. They usually don't come off in one piece. Look it up on you tube. There's gotta be a glow plug video.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As far as your starting issue Ford says anything under 5 seconds of cranking is considered normal. I would get a scan gauge or something so you can monitor what's going on under your hood.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Lots of things to learn w/ a 6.0L vs a 7.3L (I have both).

Get on that learning curve quickly or it could easily cost you some $$'s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts