The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I will start of to tell you. I have an 03 tuned 6.0 powerstroke. I was recently having trouble with my ficm so I replaced it. Long story short I was getting low power out of the truck after the new one was in. 19 pound of boost whereas I would normally get 33-35 pound. That said it did not accelerate like it did or have the tourqe. So I figured maybe it had something to do with the tune that was on it so I plugged the tuner in and erased it from my truck and set it to factory settings. I went to turn the truck on to make sure all is well. I have no start(not turning over at all) no fuel pump priming or injectors clicking. I have electronics. So I hook my diagnostics tool up to it and it says it is trying to connect to the vehicle. As does my edge monitor, and bully dog programmer. What has happened here. Is it in some sort of security lockdown? Does it need flashed? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
802 Posts
No clue what is causing your problem as I've never had a tuner on my rig.

Have you disconnected both batteries from the truck and let it sit for a while and then reconnect and see if that clears whatever problem you are having?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I’ll forsure try both of those because I don’t know where else to turn other than trying to flash it! I let you know what happens!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
You likely suffered a programming error and turned your PCM into a brick. A 6.0L PCM usually can be recovered using Ford's IDS and as-built data from Ford should your tuner fail to correct things.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
So what is the ids? And is that something I would need to go to a dealer for?

Yes, that is the Ford "Integrated Diagnostic System" or IDS a PC based system with a vehicle communication module which has all of the capabilities required. Standard dealer equipment and many Ford Techs have their own and if you know anyone with one this would be a time to call in a favor. In many cases the IDS can program a blanked PCM using data retrieved from the Ford database using your VIN. It's cheaper than a new PCM which would also require programming so it's worth a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts