The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys & Gals,
My truck has been in the shop for 2 WEEKS and they can NOT figure out WHY it is Bucking under tow and when I hit a bump without my trailer!
PLEASE HELP if ANYONE knows the solution..
When TOWING- Truck takes off good, when getting to about 30/40 mph, it starts bucking like someone is picking up the bed and slamming it down on the road. I tow a 32ft Gooseneck (2) horse trailer.
When DRIVING- I hit a bump (like going over an overpass) in the road, and it does it too. However, this feels like someone is pushing the pedal and letting up, real fast. I let my foot off the pedal and then give it fuel again and all is well..
If ANYONE knows the fix to this, PLEASE let me know.
THANK YOU in advance!! :)

Real Bummer is..... I traded my 7.3 for this 6.4.. :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYONE????? Could Really Use Some Help.......

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have you checked your carrier bearing(and rubber boot) and U-joints? If the carrier bearing is out of location or the U-joints are going out it could cause the bucking under load due to binding. I would also drain the differential and look for metal shavings. (not sure if your truck has carrier bearing) also is the truck lifted? did it ever have traction bars to prevent axle wrap? Does it have the original drive shaft? If it isn't any of this the problem has to be between the flexplate and transfer case output. Please provide some truck details in signature, miles and mods.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if it has carrier bearings and they said the U-joints look good, cause that was my question too...
Truck is not lifted, and I'm really not sure about the traction bars or axle wrap.. Also, not sure if it's the original drive shaft. I am going to call with all your questions and ask, also mention your suggestions.
Truck has 113,000 miles on it and it has a chip. I am not familiar with the 08, I've had a 97 psd for the last 11 years..
Thank you so much for your reply, I'll get back with you as soon as I talk to someone over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts