The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first start it up i can hear like a burp burp burp noise coming from the intake hose that attaches to the airfilter i know thier is some kind of flap valve where a carb would be and it sounds like it from thier on happens sometimes and i have to shut it off then restart it then it is fine is this something that is spring loaded or what controls it ? van runs great this started like a week a go any help and pics any advise how to fix it ??? thank you

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The intake is wide open through the air filter. Engine speed is controlled by the foot feed attached to the injector pump, which will supply more or less fuel. The noise you hear sounds like (from your description) it might be an intake valve hanging slightly open, or maybe leaking. If it hangs too far it will hit the piston, but just off seat probably not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The intake is wide open through the air filter. Engine speed is controlled by the foot feed attached to the injector pump, which will supply more or less fuel. The noise you hear sounds like (from your description) it might be an intake valve hanging slightly open, or maybe leaking. If it hangs too far it will hit the piston, but just off seat probably not.
THAT DOES MAKE SENSE SO I COULD HAVE A WEAK VALVE SPRING THEN ........SO THAT FLAPPER VALVE THAT CONTROLS THE AIR GOING IN THE INTAKE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT THEN ?

·
Registered
11,857 Posts
There is no flapper valve, at least not supposed to be. Since there's no throttle plates like a gas engine to muffle intake/combustion noise, what you're hearing is probably normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts