The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it Monday, filled it Friday and drove 70 miles, ran great. Drove it about 7 miles Saturday and it lost power @ 35mph the wait to start light flickered along with other lights... I managed to get it to a parking lot.

Let it sit for a bit, tried starting it. No WTS light, water in line and fuel filter lights came on. I bled the fuel filter like the manual said. No more water light, but fuel filter light still came on. And WTS light still won't come on.

Changed fuel filter. Same same. Filter chamber fills nicely. But still no WTS light.

It cranks well, but won't turn over.

sigh

· Registered
6,006 Posts
Welcome! What year is this truck? Check fuse #22 in the underhood fusebox. If it has blown, your fuel heater has likely shorted and needs to be disconnected (it also provides power to the truck's computer). The fuel heater is inside the fuel filter bowl. It can be disconnected from the inside or the outside of the bowl. On the outside, it's a funky-looking right angle spade connector that pulls off straight out from the bowl. Inside it's a small spade connector. The heater comes out after removing the black plastic standpipe which is lefthand threaded. Use a 7/8" crow's foot wrench to remove. You don't really need the heater these days with the modern fuel additives. Cheers!

· Registered
2,580 Posts
This shows the heater connector Patrick mentioned:

(phone app link)

When installed, it faces the Left front wheel area.

· Registered
2 Posts
i allso own a 1995 f250 power stroke diesel 7.3 help sombody please ,,,im learning fast and hard about diesels ....my valvecover gasket plug in passenger side ..outside of valve cover got oil in it was burnt ...i truelly believed this was going to be a simple fix ...not so ...my guy and a friend changed the gasket and plug in while i was at work...when we started it it billowed with smokeand was strong with smell of diesel...test drive was just as bad the more you accelerated the more smoke ...i insisted on parking it untill we got answers ....this hasnt came easy ..i decided to reorder plug ins these came in different color wires than stock and so did the last ones ..i learned the boys had allready threw out the last plug ins i have looked hi and low for wiring diagrams so i can fix this problem i really really need the stock colors of these plug ins and what places the take on the outer plu in being replaced ...please someone help

· Premium Member
4,504 Posts
Do you have a P/N and name of manufacturer for the parts you ordered?

· Registered
6,006 Posts
Here is the wiring from VC connectors out to the IDM connector (diagrams also attached):

Valve Cover Wiring to IDM Connector Pins

For the #1 and #3 Injectors (passenger side front):

VC connector middle pin (Injector #1 and #3 common, Orange wire) to IDM connector pin #24
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #1, Teal wire) to IDM connector pin #6
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #3, Brown wire with Yellow trace) to IDM connector pin #21

For the #5 and #7 Injectors (passenger side rear):
VC connector middle pin (Injector #5 and #7 common, Orange wire) to IDM connector pin #24
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #5, Teal wire with Black trace) to IDM connector pin #8
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #7, Teal wire with Red trace) to IDM connector pin #20

For the #2 and #4 Injectors (driver’s side front):
VC connector middle pin (Injector #2 and #4 common, Pink wire with Yellow trace) to IDM connector pin #23
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #2, White wire) to IDM connector pin #22
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #4, Brown wire with Light Blue trace) to IDM connector pin #7

For the #6 and #8 Injectors (driver’s side rear):
VC connector middle pin (Injector #6 and #8 common, Pink wire with Yellow trace) to IDM connector pin #23
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #6, Light Green wire with Orange trace) to IDM connector pin #19
VC connector adjacent pin (Injector #8, Light Blue wire) to IDM connector pin #9

Cheers!

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
i allso own a 1995 f250 power stroke diesel 7.3 help sombody please ,,,im learning fast and hard about diesels ....my valvecover gasket plug in passenger side ..outside of valve cover got oil in it was burnt ...i truelly believed this was going to be a simple fix ...not so ...my guy and a friend changed the gasket and plug in while i was at work...when we started it it billowed with smokeand was strong with smell of diesel...test drive was just as bad the more you accelerated the more smoke ...i insisted on parking it untill we got answers ....this hasnt came easy ..i decided to reorder plug ins these came in different color wires than stock and so did the last ones ..i learned the boys had allready threw out the last plug ins i have looked hi and low for wiring diagrams so i can fix this problem i really really need the stock colors of these plug ins and what places the take on the outer plu in being replaced ...please someone help

· Registered
2,548 Posts
How's it going, Aleta? Did you get the truck fixed? Is everything running good now? Do you have anything else that you have questions about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.