The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has always had a rough start for the first 10 seconds which always cleared up. You could see puffs of uneven smoke from thr tailpipe. Truck had 160k and most all original. It got worse so indecided to do all of the glowplugs. All origional all replaced with motorcraft.

Didnt really fix anything then one day I could smell diesel when at a red light and found a leak. The return hoses looked beat so i orderd a fuel return kit and then for the hell of it due to age i replaced all of my injectors too. All oem injectors brand new. All parts from accurate diesel.

Idle is still rough, takes longer to crank when cold and now inthink im still leaking but not sure from where but its not injextors or returns.

Where else should i be looking? I just threw 400 bucks at it trying to keep her going another 160k

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one outlet was not flowing or spraying the others sprayed a ton when cracking the line off when running, but cylinder 4 was near completely no flow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ended up having a clogged up IP, got it rebuilt and also replaced the pressure lines
one outlet was not flowing or spraying the others sprayed a ton when cracking the line off when running, but cylinder 4 was near completely no flow.
IM CONFUSED AND NEW TO THIS BUT I THOUGHT YOU ALLREADY POSTED THAT YOU REPLACED ALL THE INJECTORS ? AND THEN IT HAPPENED AGAIN ?? BECAUSE MY VAN I DOING THE SAME THING YOU STATED AND AFTER IT GETS SOME HEAT IN THE MOTOR ALL THE SMOKE STOPS AND RUNS PERFECT ITS ANOYING THE **** OUT OF ME !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah did just the injectors and it ran okay for a little but then one cylinder went dead. The IP was clogged on cylinder 3

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yeah did just the injectors and it ran okay for a little but then one cylinder went dead. The IP was clogged on cylinder 3
That's a new one on me.

There is a screen in the fuel input fitting from filter to IP.

Did you change the IP? Or just replace the hard line from IP to #3 injector.

A very tiny amount of dirt getting into an injector can plug it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts