The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I have a 2000 f250 7.3 with the zf6 manual transmission. I'm getting a clunknown when goin from forward to reverse or reverse to forward. I have had the rear diff gone through and rebuilt. I also just spent 550 bucks having my drive shaft completely rebuilt. I'm still getting the clunk and it sounds like it's coming from the transfer case. What could it be? Everyone keeps telling me ithat is the slip yoke. And I'm positive that it is not.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I am not saying its the slip yoke but its a 30-minute job to grease the slip yoke and it really should be a maintenance practice anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I would get someone REALLY trustable in the truck holding the brake and going drive to reverse during you look under the truck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
flange nut tight on the transfer case?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well last night I decided to pull the drive shaft and re grease the yoke even though it had only been in the truck for a couple weeks since the rebuild. Unfortunately it didn't fix the clunk. Nut on the transfer case was tight and I can't find anything the feels lose or worn. I have not had a chance to lay underneath the truck while someone else goes from forward to reverse. This is really starting to drive me nuts. Besides the clunk my driveline feels very tight and smooth goin down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts