The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running down highway at 55-85 aver speed 70 seeing temps steady at Eoc 210 eot 230 with eot peaking at 233. Water stays at 210. Running looney wild on flat terrain with a Dorman oc. Thinking it's getting plugged up?
Any thoughts ?

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
266 Posts
The 210 is not the end of the world but 230's is no good. I would get that dorman out ASAP. I put a factory ford cooler in mine. Oil temp never goes about 200 even when towing. Definitely need a coolant filter if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd check your fan clutch and thermostat 210 ect isn't very good either, unless you're towing on a hot day.

That's what I was thinking, got a coolant filter, prob doing the 7.3 fan clutch mod, and coolant flush, check thermo, and maybe a oem, or external cooler.

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'd try and flush the cooling system real well before replacing the oil cooler. Just to be sure new one doesn't get plugged. May help with higher ect too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep def will flush the coolant also!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Over the weekend to Payson, I hit 211 ECT and 221 EOT - but it was 108 out and the AC was going full blast. I wasn't towing anything, but I think the steep hills and the heat contributed to a big part of those temps.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Was the fan running? It should sound like a jet plane.

·
Registered
532 Posts
When mine hit 230 pulling the rv my water gauge (dummy gauge) shot up. Replaced the thermostat. Still heating problems, changed out the radiator and now my eot gets high as 217 but stays steady at 215 and lowers when your at slower speeds. So I say my radiator fixed my issue... Now had a heater core problem I had to resolve. I hope all the kinks are out of my truck... Good luck narrowing it down man.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Over the weekend to Payson, I hit 211 ECT and 221 EOT - but it was 108 out and the AC was going full blast. I wasn't towing anything, but I think the steep hills and the heat contributed to a big part of those temps.
My fan comes on at 210 and the coolant thermostat isn't totally open till somewhere around 218. You're fine!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good to know.
I don't think I've ever got it past 215 on ECT- I had the fan replaced earlier this year due to being 'weak'. I've yet to hear the jet plane syndrome.

I might try to get it a little hotter this weekend to see if it works! Got a bear hunt in 4 Peaks- This might be the place to do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was the fan running? It should sound like a jet plane.
If it sounds like a "jet plane" when it comes on, you've got either a VERY WILD IMAGINATION or a lot of serious problems with your truck! When the fan kicks in, it should sound like the fan just kicked in----there is NO mistaking it for anything else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts