The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please consider donating clothing to the people in the Carolina's as they will be needing much help as a result of Hurricane Florence. Please also consider donating blood as there will undoubtedly be many injured. Thank you for supporting our friends in need.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I agree we all need to help in any way we can. Is there any links available that you can post to assure donations go to the right people.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I plan on hauling a load of water, dipers,wipes, and generators on my 25' lowboy when I go check on my house on the cape fear River in Pender county right outside Wilmington NC. My wife just flew back today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hurricane Florence

We suggest googling who will be donating items directly to the hurricane victims. Call your local Red Cross to find a location to donate blood.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I saw on the early news it was downgraded from a cat 4 to a cat 2 storm. Probably doesn’t downgrade the need for help.

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
While it has been downgraded they are still expecting 24-30" of rain in some locations with up to 24" in others.

They are going to get real wet one way or another.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Their will be areas workout power for weeks. I worked for the power company for years in Wilmington. They will need all the help they can get their are a few complete small town completely understand water. I am heading out Sunday and the wife is flying up Wednesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Florence Victim's are in dire need of resources! They are under water and the flooding is not going to subside quickly. Please contact the American Red Cross and Green Drop to see if you might be of assistance. Thank you!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Find a better group that is local than the red Cross. I spent five years working their and they do good but your money will be better spent finding a local group. If anyone needs some names of good charities in the area let me know. I will ask the wife. She is a nurse in Wilmington. She actually flies out Thursday to go back for work. I am lucky my house got no damage asking with the rest of my family. But have a lot of friends who lost it all.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Their are a few small towns that will get little to no help. I can get the names and find a way to donate to them. During hurricane Floid it was the same way.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
A lot of us giving blood at the factory this morning (East Alton, Illinois). I spoke with the lady from Red Cross—she said so far the surrounding North Carolina area has been able to supply the needs for blood to hurricane victims, thank goodness for small miracles.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If anyone is going to send stuff don't send send it to Wilmington. Wilmington is over run with people bringing stuff and can't find anyone to take it. Find a smaller City to take it to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts