The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1983 Ford F250 has a 6.9 Banks diesel engine. It has been giving me fits about not wanting to start. I have finally narrowed this down and need to know what the part is called that plugs into the part which looks like the attached photo. This part pictured has six prongs sticking out. I need to know what the part is called that actually plugs into this and if someone can tell me where to find it I would dearly appreciate it! Let's not get too technical here since I am well over 60 and female with no experience working on a diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Its a wiring connector. A 6 pin wiring connector. Its got a part number printed on the side of it. Google that number and go from there.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Lol that's the early style glowplug controller.
Upgrade to the "solid state" version.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
On the side of the connector should be a part number. ford has a catalog of connector replacement ends. Your 1983 has a different wire digram than 84-86 trucks. 1983 is the first year of the ford 6.9L diesel pickups, you are going to have a harder time getting what you need. Most people upgrade to the 87 - 94.5 glow plug controller and glow plugs. you maybe able to find the re-pin parts and re-pin the plug with clean connections. You may need to make trips to junk yards to find what you need,or make new harness for yourself.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts