The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the gist of the trouble -
Ex running fine. Drive to town in pouring rain, water standing in roads. Son has moved seat and it's not moving back. Wiggle wires under seat, seat now moves again. Next day, go to start and it will turn over but not crank. Jumped it off, cranked it up, interior lights stay on even when doors closed and running. Let it recharge for 15 min. Crank it up again an hour later, sluggish start but it started. Go to get in this morning...turns over but won't crank. Throwing codes P1670, 0381, & glow plug codes 0672, 0676, 0678 (these were replaced last year, code was cleared, but has kept showing up). I live in South GA and temps are hot (not sure if that makes a difference w/ plug codes).

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm surprised no one has responded yet. Might see if a moderator will move this to engine and driveline.
Sounds like you may have gotten bit by the '99 model problem of water leaking down to the fuse box under the dash!
Look at the firewall above the fuse box to see if there are any tell tale signs of water.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you solve your problem? The water leak thing is what I first thought of-and I've personally experienced that when my window was left a crack open during sideways rainstorm...crazy electrical things went on until I dried out the back side of the below dash fuse/relay box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts