The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused....

Just picked up this 99 F250 a few weeks ago. The seller included a set of 20s from a newer Ford.

The wheels mounted on the rear no problem but they don't seem to want to go on the front. It almost seems like the bolt circle on the wheels is too small to mount on the front... But somehow mounts on the rear ok??

Any ideas?

Here's the truck with the 20s and a pic of the wheels that were on the truck when I got it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mystery solved. I was just over thinking it.

A few of the studs on that rotor needed to be recalibrated with my trusty poundometer.

I measured the bolt circle with a caliper and noticed that the bolt spacing was a bit irregular.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think the newer wheels might have a different offset than your original wheels. Bolt patterns are the same though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
26,501 Posts
Mystery solved. I was just over thinking it.

A few of the studs on that rotor needed to be recalibrated with my trusty poundometer.

I measured the bolt circle with a caliper and noticed that the bolt spacing was a bit irregular.
:surprise:I would suggest that those wheel studs be replaced, if they were somehow bent and then re-bent by your "trusty poundometer".

Wheel securing isn't something to take lightly. Even NASCAR has gone back to checking wheel lugs after a short stint of "we don't care". They finally came back to their senses after fining Tony Stewart $35k for saying it was a bad idea not to use all the lug nuts.:icon_rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts