The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am getting ready to upgrade to a 2014. I need to come up with a price for my truck.

Dealer is telling me $8,000 + my tax benefit puts me closer to $8,500.

See signature. I am the original owner. 2002, XLT Crew Cab, Dually, 2 Wheel Drive. White with Gray Cloth. Manual Tans. Mileage is at 165,000. Clutch and front suspension done 30,000 miles ago. I believe 4 or 5 injectors have been replaced over the years, otherwise motor hasn't been opened up. Trans has never been apart. Has the hutch tank mod, external Racor between tank and pump and Banks Exhaust. NEVER chipped. Tires are BFG Commercial with front 25% left and rears 75% left. Truck is clean, no wrecks, no damage anywhere, seats aren't torn, etc. Very clean. Lots of service receipts from my Napa mechanic.

So what is a realistic value dealer trade in? What about selling direct to a buyer?

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is it the idi or the psd I have been reading one of the 2 specially a manual is starting to get rare I am getting it is urs due to price they are offering I might be wrong I am not saying it is not worth it cuz I haven't heard of no probs yet. I can tell you this personally they give I believe it's like 25% or something like that again am just going off of way i have been told. Are you in a state that Kelly blue book matters?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I didn't kno he was the original owner I do agree I asked bout kbb in Oklahoma it don't matter as in other states it does not alot of people know this at least in my state but there is something they use I just have no idea wats it called

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Most will use NADA. You can get a good basis off that and KBB. But remember, they will still have to spend $xxxx on detailing, inspecting, etc
But, imo, that does sound somewhat low. Otoh, in my area, I've seen lower mileage newer trucks for barely more money.
Repairs/after market parts do not count to selling price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the brief description you gave, I'd say you can get a lot more selling it yourself. I've found NADA and KBB don't estimate the value of a clean 7.3 accurately.

Get a better idea by searching Craigslist and AutoTrader by inputing the details of your truck. Keep in mind folks don't get what they ask, but that'll give you an idea of what to list if for, then take it from there.

I bought my truck ~8 months ago, so I've been out of the market for a while, but I'd think a truck matching your description could pull $13k easy.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I think you could get around 12 grand for it
DENNY

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sell it yourself. The 7.3 PSD that have been taken care of get bank now of days !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought mine last October, and prices are all over the board here in MN, a clean one can bring 8k to 16k and every once in a while closer to $20k I doubt they ever get it but it's hard up here to find a clean one... I paid 10k for my rust free 2000 f350 srw longbox CC it's rust free so I paid a premium for what it is... I looked at alot and learned it's all about what someone wants and they'll pay for it... Can I ask do you really need to get rid of it? It seems like one that you'll regret getting rid of later

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
I sure would like to know what these trucks actually sell for that are listed at $13K to $20K.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Couple months ago I bought my current truck. 1999 F350 dually 4x4 auto for right at 10k, has 267k on it , but clean and in nice condition. Feel I got a good truck for the money. Had been looking for one with 4x4 for a while , they are just hard to find at a good price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts