The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone.

I’m working on my new diesel 2002 f250 7.3. Nothing is wrong with the old gpr. I just can’t leave well enough alone.

so I decided to put in the white Rogers gpr 596-902. I read online at dieselorings.com it’s wasn’t too hard

so I replace my old with the new and start the truck up.
My fuel gauge which was full yesterday and read full yesterday is now reading empty with a fuel light on.

so I replace the new gpr with the old one since that was the only thing that has changed or touch.

the fuel gauge is still reading empty with the light on.

did I really burn up my sending unit in the tank by putting this new gpr on?

has anyone else have this happen.
It’s pretty self explanatory how to replace the gpr. So I’m confused as to what the heck happened and how to fix it.

thanks

dan

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
The glow plug relay has nothing and I mean nothing to do with the sending unit in the tank other than working off of the battery.

·
Premium Member
14,834 Posts
Maybe it’s drawing so much current it drained your tank! . Did you take before and after pictures to make sure you didn’t mess up any wires? I guess if you put the ground on the hit side, it could cause some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
I don't see how you can miss wire the relay. You only have 4 wires, two with large eye terminals and two with small eye terminals. The small ones won't fit on the large terminals of the relay but I guess that you could put the large eye terminals onto the small terminals on the relay but why would you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts