The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After accelerating, loss power and blows serious white smoke along with shaking and choppy idle, I just changed 2 injectors last week. Now this!!! Help!!! I gonna light it up!
What could cause this I think more injectors. Don't have an egr. My tech has been replacing injectors with remans, I just found out! Can this be causing it? He giving me a bogus crap reason, Uhhh its your tuner!!! Like really he is a dmax guy and hates ford anyways. I run a mild dd tune. If anything I helped it. Some advice please. Thanks

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Geez no help!!!

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sounds like an injector is stuck open. I would do a cylinder contribution test to determine witch one is bad. All injectors are reman. Even ford injectors are remanufactered.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes sound like a bad injector or he didn't torque them down right and the injector lifted up and burnt the copper washer out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What you mean all are reman? I why do I keep breaking injectors?? Anyone?

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
ya sorry I read fast

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
There haven't been new 6.0 injectors for a very long time. Consequently all 6.0 injectors that this point are remanufactured. Ford remans are regarded as the best, but Ford also uses several suppliers and you may also be able to buy directly from them (Flyte and D-Tech are two I know of, but there may be others). When one bank needs an injector or two and the mileage is high (150kish) its a good practice to replace all the injectors on that bank. This saves you having to go back into the engine when the surrounding injectors fail in short order.

Typical injector life is in the 100-150k range. Injectors are wear items in a Diesel. At some point they wear out and to restore the idle quality, etc. you must replace them.

Run the contribution test and go from there. Be sure to torque the hold downs to 28-31 lbs. regardless of old or new style. If this isn't done the hold downs can loosen and give you exactly the symptoms you're describing.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There haven't been new 6.0 injectors for a very long time. Consequently all 6.0 injectors that this point are remanufactured. Ford remans are regarded as the best, but Ford also uses several suppliers and you may also be able to buy directly from them (Flyte and D-Tech are two I know of, but there may be others). When one bank needs an injector or two and the mileage is high (150kish) its a good practice to replace all the injectors on that bank. This saves you having to go back into the engine when the surrounding injectors fail in short order.

Typical injector life is in the 100-150k range. Injectors are wear items in a Diesel. At some point they wear out and to restore the idle quality, etc. you must replace them.

Run the contribution test and go from there. Be sure to torque the hold downs to 28-31 lbs. regardless of old or new style. If this isn't done the hold downs can loosen and give you exactly the symptoms you're describing.

Thanks a lot for your thought out response.

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will just be changing the rest of injectors that I have not changed. So looking at 4. Thanks guys

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do what tko said when one goes bad on one side of bank do that hole side and torquing them down right is a big deal.

I was going to change the rest so I will have 8 new injectors

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update!!!! Got a new tech!! A good one too!! Putting in casserly 155cc with driven or sinister diesel rr. It will be sick! Thanks guys! Any thoughts or concerns with this setup with my upgrades please address thanks!

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Should be a nice combo. Casserly has a sterling reputation. I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with his injectors.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Should be a nice combo. Casserly has a sterling reputation. I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with his injectors.
hmmmm.... shop owner just reshowed me rcd's and he runs them in his truck, thats a alot of $$$$$$$$ diff? Well i will be leaning toward these now? Am i indecisive or just gutty?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I'm now running RCD's, and am quite happy with them, but have only had them in the truck a couple weeks. They also have a good reputation. Probably can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm now running RCD's, and am quite happy with them, but have only had them in the truck a couple weeks. They also have a good reputation. Probably can't go wrong either way.
Well FINALLY DID IT! Bought myself some 155cc Casserly's I think I made the right decision... Debating driven or sinister diesel RR setup now, and will be going to GEARHEAD for tuning!!:thup::thumbsup::clap:

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts