The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new 2015 F450 cab and chassis regular cab 141" wheelbase that I am installing a 2015 take off F350 dually bed on. At this point I already know about all the frame differences and line up problems and I have all that figured out ok. I am in desperate need to find the front bed extension that I have seen on a few other set ups like this that is about 4" wide that goes in between the cab and the bed that fills in the small gap and conforms to the body lines very well. I also know that Manning equipment should have had these but I talked to them today and they no longer sell them. Any help would be great as this is the only part I need to finish this beautiful truck and I want it to look right.

Attached is a picture of the bed extension that I am looking for as well as a picture showing what is involved in mounting a Ford factory F350 dually bed to a Ford cab and chassis truck to help others that may be wanting to do this conversion. Note that the space between the bed and the frame will get larger the further back you go on the truck so the spacers needed to fill the gap will need to get larger as well. You can minimize the gap differences between the bed and the frame by making a couple small notches in the very back of the bed on the bed cross member where it touches the frame so the back of the bed sits a little lower ( which actually levels the bed out to look just right ). Every other installation I have seen this done with does not notch the rear underneath cross member on the bed and you can tell the back of the bed sits up slightly higher than the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I never found them. I had an upfitter shop instal the bed for me without them and they spaced it as far forward to the cab as they could. They made a few small cuts in the back of the bed on the bottom. I must say it was pretty involved and luckily I found a guy that did a great job for a good price here in Fort Lauderdale. As far as pictures go I actually have the truck for sale right now and it is on commercialtrucktrader.com and ebay. I don't use it much and it only has 5,000 miles on it. You can check out all the pictures on there if you wish. Just search 2015 F450 diesel in zip code 33312.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The other way of doing it is actually relocating the axles 4" forward then cutting off the excess frame. This is what they do with a lot of the 650s. Then no spacers is needed and looks truly factory, but I am guessing you might be voiding the structural warranty? I know cc and big trucks are often cut on for upfitting so not sure how those issues work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I was trying to see if you could help me on how to run the fuel filler hose? Did you use the original spot on the bed and if so how did you route it and what did you use for hose? Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts