The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a monster tranny and was told they test with burn rubber oil says it’s dex vi can I switch to Mobil 1 atf. Or do I have to stay with what they use

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Do you have the automatic or standard transmission?

What does the builder recommend using?

Did they suggest a break-in period before switching to synthetic?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 4r100 and they told me I didn’t have to use what they do very vague. I emailed back but no response yet. They use burnin rubber oil company atf says it’s dex vi on there site. They say they test it and drain it before shipping. On a budget so bought from them but hearing a lot of mixed reviews on there work

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Burnin’ Rubber Oil Company?

I would say you are making a good choice switching to Mobil One Multi-Vehicle ATF.

Maybe someone can suggest if you need a break-in period before switching to an expensive ATF like M1.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Well I’ll be damned.

Their Product Data states it is a thin viscosity (6.1 cSt @ 100*C) and apparently full synthetic with a 100,000 mile Change Interval.

Does your new Monster 4R100 come with a warranty?

EDIT:
My personal opinion is that 100K mile ATF is a marketing lie.

I will try to find more info.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
OK, I have searched what little independent review is available and watched their video and I would not use this Burn Rubber ATF because there is very little hard information and alot of BS.

I would immediately start with Mobil-1 ATF.

Can you return that other stuff @ $16/qt ?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you may want to get your name on this list:

“If you a bad experience with MONSTER TRANSMISSION, send an email to [email protected] and share your store. Be sure to add what you purchased, your total loss, and how it has affected you.”

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Upon further review, look closely at your warranty from these guys and see if they have anything in writing about following their fluid recommendation. I would also suggest keeping a log of every communication you have with them including date/time and details of what they said. If they will respond to email then even better.

Mobil-1 is a far superior ATF but I don’t want to suggest you do anything that can void your warranty. Can you cancel payment for the transmission?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
TERMS OF THE LIMITED PRORATED WOWANTY WILL BE VOIDED IF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET:

Transmission cooler lines must be flushed to avoid using old oil or metal shavings from previous transmission. High performance and towing applications must install an auxiliary transmission oil cooler. TV Cable (when necessary) must be adjusted properly for adequate function of the transmission. Any and all repairs or tampering made to a product by the client or an agent acting on behalf of the client without prior written authorization by a MTP WOWanty representative will result in loss of WOWanty. Transmissions & Torque Converters with a WOWanty of longer than 90 days, must have the transmission/torque converter serviced every 24 months or 24,000 miles with a “Monster Service Kit”. When filing a WOWanty claim, you must provide a copy of your service receipt to show proof that the products have been properly maintained. This includes but is not limited to transmission/converter fluid flush and change. The WOWanty becomes null and void once any transmission is installed in conjunction with a used torque converter. MTP reserves the right to deny WOWanty coverage if the issue is determined not to be manufacturer related. For WOWanty Authorization, contact MTP at 800-708-0087.

·
Super Moderator
25,187 Posts
That's a warranty?? ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited by Moderator)
Upon further review, look closely at your warranty from these guys and see if they have anything in writing about following their fluid recommendation. I would also suggest keeping a log of every communication you have with them including date/time and details of what they said. If they will respond to email then even better.

Mobil-1 is a far superior ATF but I don’t want to suggest you do anything that can void your warranty. Can you cancel payment for the transmission?
It’s already payed for

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
“Tampering with a product” would likely include dropping pan for inspection.

Have you replaced the Trans cooler with a new one and flushed the ATF system? Maybe save receipts and take video.

I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a new mishimoto cooler and cleaned out metal lines. Hopefully get a response back from them soon. Plan on installing everything this weekend

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
If you want to retain the warranty I would just use the ATF they recommend. From the looks of the website it is just some rebadged synthetic ATF
DENNY

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I finally got it all in and 100miles so far no issues yet other then the pan being all beat up and junk and they put to big of roll/crush pin in it and I had to fight to get out to change linkage arm over to right one.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I hope it works out good for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts