The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 f250 with a 6.4 egr etc was deleted when I bought it. Anyway I was on the interstate yesterday with cruise control was set on 80 and out of nowhere it started blowing white smoke and sputtering check engine light came on and she died. I pull the oil stick and oil looks fines , coolant find and never ran hot ,so my thought was check the exhaust pipe so I did thinking it the turbos and sure anuff it has oil in it any suggestions or should I just oil forward into buying a new engine thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Based on what you are telling us I might assume it's a fuel injection failure of some sort. Since the Check Engine light came on before the engine stalled there should be a code(s) stored in the PCM. Diagnosis will need to begin by retrieving any codes stored and performing some basic self tests... Another other possibility is a turbo failure that caused engine oil to begin entering the exhaust and caused excessive exhaust temperatures. If the PCM detects an over temperature condition the truck may shut down depending on what calibration is programmed. You mentioned the EGR delete but not a DPF delete which should eliminate the EGT sensors if my understanding is correct.

I would not just assume it's a bad engine at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on what you are telling us I can only assume it's a fuel injection failure of some sort. Since the Check Engine light came on before the engine stalled there should be a code(s) stored in the PCM. Diagnosis will need to begin by retrieving any codes stored and performing some basic self tests... The other possibility is a turbo failure that caused engine oil to begin entering the exhaust and caused excessive exhaust temperatures. If the PCM detects an over temperature condition the truck may shut down depending on what calibration is programmed.
Thanks i only have 180k on it and this is the first engine issue it has given me besides that famous ford death wobble I’m in Atlanta ga any recommendations for a shop besides Dealership

1 - 3 of 3 Posts