The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have a 01 350 diesel supercab
i wanna do a few things to it but have some ques
i do plow with it so i was wondering how big of a lift n tires i can do and still plow with it
i also wanted to do an intake chip and exhaust
any ideas for this?? i also do not want to break the bank
i saw on most lifts they do not come with rear springs just add a leaf i want to get new springs all together for the rear thanks for ur help

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If you plow with it, you aren't going to want much more than a leveling kit and 305's.

When you lift the front of the truck, you will change the geometry of the plow's A-arm and end up lifting a corner of the blade when you angle it. I ran a leveling kit on my truck and had to drop the plow brackets as far as they would go in order to maintain the correct geometry.

Technically, you could lift the truck as high as you want but you would have to build a custom plow mount to maintain the correct angles. It would be pointless to have a truck with 6+ inches of lift then have your plow mount hanging down.

As far as chip and exhaust, I'm a fan of my DP Tuner. I don't have an opinion on an exhaust because I just run a straight pipe on mine. As always, before you add a tuner, make sure you invest in a good set of gauges or else engine melt down may occur.

In addition, please don't be afraid to spell out words, use capitalization, or punctuation on this forum. The easier you make it for people to read your post, the more you will get replying to you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you plow with it, you aren't going to want much more than a leveling kit and 305's.

When you lift the front of the truck, you will change the geometry of the plow's A-arm and end up lifting a corner of the blade when you angle it. I ran a leveling kit on my truck and had to drop the plow brackets as far as they would go in order to maintain the correct geometry.

Technically, you could lift the truck as high as you want but you would have to build a custom plow mount to maintain the correct angles. It would be pointless to have a truck with 6+ inches of lift then have your plow mount hanging down.

As far as chip and exhaust, I'm a fan of my DP Tuner. I don't have an opinion on an exhaust because I just run a straight pipe on mine. As always, before you add a tuner, make sure you invest in a good set of gauges or else engine melt down may occur.

In addition, please don't be afraid to spell out words, use capitalization, or punctuation on this forum. The easier you make it for people to read your post, the more you will get replying to you.
What he said. :thumbsup:

We would be happy to get you setup with a chip and custom tunes when you are ready for them.

Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are wanting a stainless exhaust FlowPro makes a very nice one that isn't very pricy ! Diesel Power Products I believe is the sight I bought mine from. Straight pipe was under $400 shipped that's turbo back 4in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
452 Posts
As far as the plow goes you want to keep the plow frame as level as you can so your cutting edges wear evenly. I have a 2 1/2" leveling kit and 285/75/16 tires and I'm maxed out on the adjustments for leveling the a-frame on my Fisher Xtreme V plow. I'm going to fab up some pieces to weld to the back of the A-frame to get another set (already has 3 holes)of holes to lower the plows A-frame down so when the cutting edge wears down I can still get it level again. As for the 4" exhaust I bought the stainless kit with muffler from Diamond Eye Performance for a little under $400 off of eBay. It's slightly louder but not much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts