The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Ravelco is $400-$500, but the story is that one has never been defeated.

·
Registered
652 Posts
A switch for the fuel pump sounds like a good idea.
TERRIBLE idea. Most trucks will run without the lift pump. 7.3's barely can tell unless under load. 6.0s will shell all 8 injectors pretty rapidly, especially with a crook holding ICP high trying to drive away. 6.4's pumps blow easily enough on their own without cavitating them and running without lube (fuel)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but someone has tried to steal my truck twice in the past 2 months. I don't want to take any chances. What about putting a hidden button wired between the ignition switch and starter relay.?Turn the key nothing happens. You would have to turn key to the on position, then push button to engage starter.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
Anything that slows down a thief will work. They want to get in and go and not have to spend any time messing around with wires.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If it's a 7.3, a hydra set on no start and remove the switch would work well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
...someone has tried to steal my truck twice in the past 2 months.
Is your insurance paid up? Buy some cameras, including some hidden inside looking at the driver's seat (for after the truck gets recovered).
I don't want to take any chances.
Park indoors.
What about putting a hidden button wired between the ignition switch and starter relay.? ... You would have to turn key to the on position, then push button to engage starter.
...or just pop the hood & jumper the starter relay; or just reach under the frame & jumper the starter solenoid. IOW: not particularly effective, even against an amateur auto thief.

Talk to a local stereo/alarm shop - they can add something effective that WON'T be discussed publicly on the interwebz.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did something like this a few years back on my Honda, I spliced a switch onto the clutch safety switch circuit. This is the circuit that closes when you depress the clutch, allowing the vehicle to start. What I've also done when parking in poor areas, is pull one of the primary fuses or relays from the fuse box, such as the fuel pump, etc... Sort of pain if you're doing it all the time, but nice for a quick way to disable your truck. The downfall to that is you still can get it started by kick starting the car. Actually the only way to be a step ahead of a car theif is to think like one and be creative

21 - 28 of 28 Posts