The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks
Has anyone done a recent High Idle Mod on a05/06 f250 . I found some of the older threads starting back in 2005. It was a good write up by StuartV back then but there was some people having issues about which to use AIC/SEIC/BCP as one takes the RPMs to 1200 but locksup converter ( my understanding since i/we dont have PTO there is no worries about possible Transmission damage. Thats SEIC . the BCP option takes the RPMs between 1600-2400 which is I believe to keep Battery charged. My Goal is because of health reasons in the East Coast Summer with 110% Humidity will sometime have to idle truck. So i need to figure out the best path to go . My reason for requesting info from anyone who has done it recently or in past few years is when i go to West Coast to pick up Truck i want to do this before driving back to East Coast plus my son lives out there and he is more agile than his Ole Pop.All suggestions Welcome

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have both on my truck since I bought it in 2006. Either works, but there is a couple of differences. When using the BCP the idle jumps crisply up to 1200rpm and for some reason will gradually increase in rpm up to 2400 even though there is no additional load on the alternator. The SEIC throttles up smoothly to 1200rpm over 1-2 seconds and stays there( I do not have the RPM potentiometer installed). Other than the RPM gradually increasing on mine with the BCP I have never had any issues. Another option to consider whether doing either of these two mods or not is the fan clutch conversion to a full mechanical viscous clutch from a 97 Ford Powerstroke. It will flow more air at idle and definitely keeps the AC colder.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
You can use Q-108 from the Ford Body Builder Advisory Service. It explains SEIC, has wiring schematics and instructions including setting the desired idle speed. See the attachment. I included Q-117 for using upfitter switches if you have them.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts