The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a 2005 f 250 super duty 6.0.
I've done extensive reading and studying of the miss fit engine and have already pulled HPOP to replace STC fitting. Just because it's at 80k.also have installed blue spring upgrade.
Now this engine cranks fine but does not start. I bought the fuel pressure adapter to check for 45 psi min. Pressure. Pressure was around 40 psi when cycling the key. The vehicle has been messed with by two back yard pros previous to me getting it. The truck still sits after 3 years. . I bought the IPR air-test adaptor and ran the test. There was air coming from STC fitting. In my opinion not enough to cause problem. I up graded it but still have the fuel pressure problem. By the way the previous guys replaced both crank and cam sensors with no results. I went to replace the HFCM filter an found it was butchered beyond its ability to work properly. Also the end of fuel pump damaged beyond repair. I ordered new pump an installed it. I have zero pressure now. According to what ive read that unit recirculates the warm fuel. And looking at the check valve responsible for this operation I can't see how the pump can create a vacuum to draw fuel from the tank. The vacuum created would leak through the check valve. I'm stumped. Any body?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
After cycling the key to prime the pump, try loosening the secondary fuel cap on the engine to purge air. Sometimes those model years trucks don't purge properly and become air bound. Let us know if that does the trick or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After cycling the key to prime the pump, try loosening the secondary fuel cap on the engine to purge air. Sometimes those model years trucks don't purge properly and become air bound. Let us know if that does the trick or not.
Thx I'll try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok! That did it.. Getting mad fuel pressure now. 70 +. I was thinking it'd rise 10 or 15 pounds. Hopefully that's not too high

1 - 5 of 5 Posts