The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok how do ya get the search function to work on this site?

I’ve tried several ways, several times, on different things and can never get anything to come up.

Am looking for information on the trans diode in the 4r100

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Click on search. In the list of forums to the left select 7.3 engine and drivetrain and control click (right click??) on the forum 7.3 aftermarket and upgrades so both of these forums are selected (searched).
Fill in the box for the search terms with "mechanical diode" and click the radio button for the subject heading and body.
Very important. Go down to the date range and select years and put in 5 so you will find all posts in those two forums in the past 5 years that contain the term mechanical diode (I am assuming that is what you are searching for). Hit search and voila 331 posts with those terms.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks got it. is that the way to make it work? the 5 years part?

seems as though it has pulled EVERY post for the last 5 years not just the ones i'm looking for?

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
did you put the keywords in quotes? If you do it looks for that exact phrase, otherwise it will look for all posts in those forums in the past 5 years with either the work mechanical or the word diode in them. If you want just posts with both words, you need to precede them with a + symbol. If you just want posts with the phrase mechanical diode, use quotes around the phrase.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The way that I've found works best is just to go to google, plug in what you're looking for, maybe some info on your truck, and type "site:thedieselstop.com" at the end. You'll only get back results from this domain.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've been using the search function for the past 5 years or so, and once you figure out the system, it really works great.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I agree, it really works well once you figure it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The fairly new feature of being able to pick and choose which forums to search from the list on the left helps (use control + click to select multiple ones).

Make sure you select the forums you want to search in. On the date range, I just delete the first box and go up to the blank selection, so in other words no date restriction, so it will return all results. I usually bump up the results per page to 200 so I don't have to click next so many times. Also, you can use the phrase in quotes like "mechanical diode" or do it this way: +mechanical +diode. The first should find the exact phrase, the second way will find posts with both words but not necessarily together or in that order.

Try searching and select the 7.3, 7.3U&A, general U&A, and gen. questions forums. No date restriction, and search on +2001 +mechanical +diode. Brings up some good results.

edit - this thread should probably be in the site questions forum... that way folks doing searches in the future can find it more easily. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(")seems to work just fine. like the delete range too.
all i have to do now is get under my tuck and get the build date.
thanks
INC

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
use + sign in front of each word you want to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts