The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,

Have you considered a General Superduty page as an alternative to the Gasser issue?

I just read a "fog light" post in the 99-up forum, and in reality it has nothing at all to do with the diesel/powertrain aspect of the truck. It is strictly a cosmetic type question/problem. Just as my pulling to the left is a Superduty 4X4 problem, that I did verify at the dealership on Thurs., FoMoCo is aware of the problem, is working on a solution, and apparently has not even a clue as to why it happens. Not related to the engine, seems it is all 4X4 SD's.

Anyway, when you look back over a lot of the posts on the 99-up page and even back before the server/format change, a lot of the discussions were not diesel/powertrain related.

Just a thought that occured to me.

------------------
Rick M

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Ford gas engine trucks, both F150 and Super Duty are covered by the F150 page and others.

One thing I like to think about this site is that it caters to more of a thinking crowd. Yeah, I know there are diesel driving morons and there are gas driving Einsteins, but it is my observation that a diesel is the thinking man's engine. With the occasional exception, the forums here are fairly civilized. Anytime I look at some of the other gas-oriented sites - Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or import - what I see is flame city and brand warfare. I would hate to see that here. Or the admisnistrators turned into mini-Stalins suppressing the flames.

·
Registered
854 Posts
All of those sites are like that because the moderators do nothing about it. I have seen many flame wars on this site but, they are quickly locked and deleted so, you don't see them. All of the owners of gas engined trucks that need/want information already come here. Why not have a forum for them?

G

·
0 Posts
I am split on this issue, this is an awesome site and would be hesitant to change it. the gassers already come here to get great info. (look at the numbers of people here vs. others)so I guess I would vote to keep it as is.

------------------
1997 F-250HD SC PSD E40D 4X4 4.10s Deep Blue metallic w/oxford white accent. aluminum toolboxes,rack-it rack,ect...(traded for a 99.5 crewcab-lasted about an hour,back in the old one again)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I posted this once before in the Vote Gas Thread in the other forum. Please don't take it personally it is just my opinion.

Why bother creating any more new forums? Remember this site is here for diesels not really for gas engines. I understand the people with gas engine Ford Trucks can provide a wealth of experience and knowledge for us as well as we can provide for them. I find this appealing for all of us. I just don't see the logic in creating more forums when what is currently available will suit all of our needs just fine. Splitting up the trucks between gas and diesel will end up doing a disfavor to all of us in the end. You would be splitting up the amount of possible answers to questions. All of you who have gasoline engines have the same truck. Whether it be 250 or 350 the body and driveline are almost exact in every way give or take a few items (exhaust, fuel storage and delivery, some electrical.)
So why can't you just keep posting your truck body/ driveline topics accordingly. If you want to talk about the gas engines in your trucks there is a forum for that here too, the other forum and you can write to your hearts desire.
Sorry to burst the bubble but this topic is like our current gun law situation: we have enough now just use them appropriately.

I know this has a lot to do with gassers but you Superduty people can post and have answered all the questions you would like about the truck in the appropriate forums that are already available on this site.

------------------
Keith
1994,F-250,5 Speed, SuperCab, LB, 4x4, 4.10's, Stock,
Durabak Coated Fuel Tank & Shield

·
Registered
98 Posts
Everybody deserves a place in life to share, vent, ask and seek an opinion.

Let there be "F150-Online" and "Ford-Diesel" as separate entities - makes it much easier to read the latest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts