The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can I tell if my 99 e350 7.3 is equipped with keyless entry?

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
Google the key programming instructions. It's something like cycling the key on and off 8 times and then the door locks activate. If they do, you've got it. If they don't - you're stuck opening your doors with a key like I am...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: cjmcqueen1164

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google the key programming instructions. It's something like cycling the key on and off 8 times and then the door locks activate. If they do, you've got it. If they don't - you're stuck opening your doors with a key like I am...

even if you have a power locks, and my interior light comes on if i pull the door handle from the outside as a courtesy light to unlock doors?

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
The test would only work if you had power locks. If you didn't have power locks, I can guarantee you wouldn't have keyless entry.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
IDK where that site gets its database, but...
LAST SELECTED VEHICLE - (1FMEU15N2SLA67085) Fiesta 2008-2012, 5.0L OHV SEFI V8 (NP), Light Opal

Fiesta 2008-2012, 5.0L OHV SEFI V8 (NP), Light Opal

VIN Number: 1FMEU15N2SLA67085
Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.1994
Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-2012
Body Style: Double Cab (3/4 Door)
Version: 150
Engine: 5.0L OHV SEFI V8 (NP)
Transmission: E4OD(4R100)
Drive: RHD RWD
Axle Ratio: 3.55
Emission: With 49 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Paint: Light Opal
...it has some mistakes.

I tried a few others, and it couldn't ID them at all.

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can email your VIN to Ford and get a proper build sheet from your van sent to you. I did that when I first bought my van and it's been quite helpful in identifying all sorts of things.

I found that i had the keyless entry on my van so I bought one of the keypad modules off amazon and added it onto the van... it's saved me twice now when I've locked my keys in the van. Well worth the money IMHO.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can email your VIN to Ford and get a proper build sheet from your van sent to you. I did that when I first bought my van and it's been quite helpful in identifying all sorts of things.

I found that i had the keyless entry on my van so I bought one of the keypad modules off amazon and added it onto the van... it's saved me twice now when I've locked my keys in the van. Well worth the money IMHO.
do you happen to have the email address? Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in Canada so I just contacted them using the online form on the ford.ca site and the american site may be a bit different... but I'm sure they will help you out regardless.

EDIT:

I was just browsing the US site (ford.com) and I think you can do it through the website here:

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html?contactMainTopic=VehicleServiceIssues

You will have to enter all your information (address, VIN etc...)

When I originally requested mine, I said something like:

"I am looking for the build sheet for my van. The original one that I kept in it has been worn away over the years and is no longer useful. If you could provide me with one it would be appreciated.
Thanks"

They emailed me a copy within a day or two but they also mailed one out as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts