The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 eddie bauer excursion with 57,000 miles that was perfect before I rolled it 3 weeks ago. There was extensive damage to the passenger side and the roof caved in in the middle. The drivers side front and rear fenders are damaged and the side mirror is gone on the drivers door but the doors on the drivers side and the rear barn doors open and close fine and the seams are all straight. The body shop said the frame was good but the truck wasn't worth fixing. How hard would it be to take a 2005 or 2004 eddie bauer gas excursion and swap bodies and turn the gas into a diesel? I know removing the body is not bad but do I have to move the harnesses in the interior gas vehicle? The 6.0 runs fine and I can actually drive the truck fine except it doesn't have a windshield and the roof is caved. Anybody done a swap like this? I think I have found an 04 eddie bauer with a blown motor and it's a gas engined truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
In theory it would be lift the body off and drop the new body on. swapping the harness of course. You will need to swap the dash harness cluster and pcm. IF you have a lift this should be an reality easy swap. in theory...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In theory it would be lift the body off and drop the new body on. swapping the harness of course. You will need to swap the dash harness cluster and pcm. IF you have a lift this should be an reality easy swap. in theory...
That's what I was thinking too, in theory. That's what has me worried. I haven't been able to find a diesel donor truck but have found a couple of gas ones that should work fine.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Inquisitive minds want to know if you actually did this or not!?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Agreed. Also. The fuel tanks are diffrent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I've been off the forum for so long. I finally found a donor truck with a blown motor and other issues but a good body. It had the powerstroke so that was not an issue. It didn't have the rear dvd player but I figured out how to wire that into the harness and got it all to work with the factory headsets. I didn't tie it into the speakers because I had an aftermarket head unit. Long story short I now have the Ex back on the road and it looks great. I ended up spending a lot more than I expected but the truck looks and runs like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts