The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Where did you get the weight?
Phillip, you get yours yet?

I have taken the last few to the scales and weighed them. Once stock, once with all accessories and my junk in it, then one more time with loaded trailer.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
My baby was born on Sunday! Weighing in at 7396lbs and measuring 250"...she's a big girl! :grin2:

Another 3 1/2 weeks and hopefully I get to bring her home! :frown2:
Way cool, man! You'll enjoy it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The truck has been at the dealer about a month now. We pick it up 3 May.
Just curious what dealership, and Why you bought or had it shipped to Oregon? Again just curious.

Well I got the window sticker for my truck today and everything looks good there, the build date should be next week, and then it needs to make it's way out to Oregon. My dealership was telling me today that the transport has been taking between 3-3.5 weeks to get out here, but Phil, did you say yours took about a week?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I guess I haven't been making updates.... My truck was built Wednesday 4/26, and today went from "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" status. The ETA has made a few moves, but as of today it is showing ETA to the dealership as 5/25, I hope it gets there sooner as that doesn't leave a lot of time before our summer trip begins.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I got an update on mine today, it is "In Transit" and according to my salesman it was in Nebraska on a rail car as of around 4PM PST this evening, but they say it will still be another 2 weeks before they get it here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, my truck is on a train in Washington State and should be getting off the train in Portland tomorrow morning. However, my salesman says that his computer still shows it won't be to them until 5/18-5/24, I'm hoping it's closer to 5/12, so I have it by this weekend...

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Well, my truck is on a train in Washington State and should be getting off the train in Portland tomorrow morning. However, my salesman says that his computer still shows it won't be to them until 5/18-5/24, I'm hoping it's closer to 5/12, so I have it by this weekend...
For what it's worth: Mine came by train, too, and was at the dealership about a week before the tracking stuff said it would be. (??) Hope you get yours quick!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
For what it's worth: Mine came by train, too, and was at the dealership about a week before the tracking stuff said it would be. (??) Hope you get yours quick!
I hope so, but it's starting to look like next week. It got into Portland, and has been sitting in the railyard waiting to get to the dealership. I have rail tracking, so I saw all stops it made and saw when it was unloaded ad even when the rail yard notified the transport company that it was ready for pick-up. But at this point it's just sitting there. My salesman said that since the "Shop" is closed on the weekend, unless it gets there by tomorrow morning, it will be Monday when they can start the PDI, and Monday evening/Tuesday morning before I could get it.:frown2:

I sent an email to the transport company (yes, the rail tracking system tells you who the transport company is, lol), so hopefully they will be able to get it there by tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So, it sat in the rail yard a little longer than I hoped, and just got to the dealership this morning. The GM of the dealership called me, as my salesman is out today, and said he submitted it for PDI (he did it because the salesman wasn't in and didn't want to wait for the salesman to come in tomorrow to submit it) and It should be done and ready for pick-up tonight if he can get the salesman to come in, or tomorrow when he is scheduled to work...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Today may be the day I start my teaser pics... Below is the first shot I have of my truck. Here is the background, my dealership opens @ 8:30, and my salesman was off yesterday, but I asked him to check the truck when he gets in and if it's ready we can come in. Well, my salesman was so excited he was texting me before he got to work, lol...

Let the pictease begin...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Each dealer is a little different based on how they want to handle it and how "nice" they want to be. I buy through a fleet guy, and I tell him the truck and options I want and he orders it. I pay invoice minus any rebates when the vehicle comes in. I believe rebates have to be what's available at time of delivery but not sure. My dealer usually doesn't require a deposit unless I was ordering something really weird, but I do have history with them. No financing or trade figures are secured until truck comes in. He will given me an aprox trade figure if i ask but they won't commit to anything due to values could change by the time the new truck comes in. Several times I have gotten a few thousand less by the time actually came in and deal was done. Its pretty much "here is the figures" and no negotiating, except for when they try and sell warranty!

The dealer can also do a search for you for other trucks available in the region. Auto trade also has a really good search feature that links most of the Ford dealers inventory so you might be able to locate something on there as well if you don't mind buying from a non local dealer.

This is EXACTLY how my ordering has happened.
I have ordered 3 Superduties over the past 15 years, with X Plan.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Today may be the day I start my teaser pics... Below is the first shot I have of my truck. Here is the background, my dealership opens @ 8:30, and my salesman was off yesterday, but I asked him to check the truck when he gets in and if it's ready we can come in. Well, my salesman was so excited he was texting me before he got to work, lol...

Let the pictease begin...

Congrats, man! Nothing like one you specified yourself!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts