The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to determine if my heated seats suck, or don't work. On my 10min drive home it doesn't seem like I feel any heat. My coworker said pass was working for him but when I touched them after I got home didn't seem to hot. My lights stay on the whole time for the buttons. Has anyone done any test with a temp gun to see how big of a temp difference there should be between off and on?

I have to replace the drivers seat leather and the cushion at some point so wondering if I should be ordering new elements as well.

Side note I also have vented seats as my research seems to indicate that may have something to do with it. Most of my searching on here didn't have any tempature readings, just butt readinga lol

https://192168101.link/

· Administrator
25,095 Posts
A side note: My wife had a Buick with heated seats and the (really complex) relay - that cost over $100 to replace failed so that the heat was at max. I drove it home with my butt hovering above the seat to keep from getting sterilized. LOL!

Sorry I can't help on your particular issue, but I think a temp gun should show a slightly higher surface temperature between on and off. But with your butt on the seat, it'll get hotter (if working) as the exposed seat surface loses heat quicker to the air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.