The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That is incredible. You think you'll make it to the million mark? I've read good things about that bypass system. I may check into that myself. How many miles do you go in between oil changes with your bypass system, and what kind of syn oil are you using?
The million miles is the goal, and yes i think they both have a good chance. 86% of the way there. The oil change interval is 20K, with Rotella synthetic. I have used Schaeffers when I can keep it in stock. They built good motors at the Indy plant.

·
Registered
69 Posts
113,000 miles. Replaced HPOP, Four batteries, and one set of tires. Paid for a long time. Really happy. Using Amsoil two-cycle oil in fuel to combat the low sulfur diesel.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
My 2000 E350 Van has a whopping 12,100.00 original miles on it.
It's just breaking-in now.

It's my Florida Home Ride and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm running Amsoil synth. front to back

I have a 35 main tank and a TF 27 Gal. Aft Axle tank for 62 gal. total.

Just right to get me and my family out of Florida in case of a serious Hurricane.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Geez nice mileage.. i have 168,000 battleing a bad tranny, some wobbles, some rust and a drive line shake?... motor seems to be good.. im jealous of some of you guys haha

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got an '03 with 125,000. My FIL has a '96 with well over 500,000 and an '02 with somewhere in the high 200,000's. He runs a roofing company and those trucks rarely move without a trailer attached. The abuse his trucks put up with is the reason I bought one over a Duramax.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well it looks like nobody tops HighwayPrisoner so far. Do you guys think synthetic oil is a necessity to make it to 800k, or regular oil changed at 5k intervals?

·
Registered
182 Posts
117K miles on truck, oil change every 3,000K with DELO 400. Clutch at 96K, ball joints at 112K, water pump at 50K, vacuum switch at 111K (fender mounted unit that changes heat vent position in cab), EBPV delete at 114K.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well it looks like nobody tops HighwayPrisoner so far. Do you guys think synthetic oil is a necessity to make it to 800k, or regular oil changed at 5k intervals?
I would say, a good bypass filtration to keep the oil clean, filtering as much as possible is a big factor. The driver is another big factor. I definately worked my truck, and has many modifications. The abuse was kept to a minimum, but sometimes it would teach a lesson or two. The best fluids etc. offer somewhat better protection for the long haul.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My uncle's '96 7.3 has 360,000 on it. It's been worked like a DOG it's entire service life and hasn't had any issues with the motor (although I think it's been through a couple trannys). All it's ever had done on it is regular oil changes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
73 Posts
This Gent has over a million miles on his 1997 7.3L Van,
Check it out, www millionmilevan dot com
Over a million miles with the original timing belt, trans filter, water pump, etc. On top of that he has gone 55,000 mi without an oil change? Is this supposed to be for real? :notallthere:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yea right, and Bill did not have sex with that woman.:nono:

·
Registered
41 Posts
149k on my 2001 F-250. I'm really happy with what I see with the first 149k so hopefully the next 149k will go just as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
high $ maintenance

truck in sig 283k orig motor and trans. no major issues but i have alot of maintenance items come up as of late. the latest (w/i this month) were the pinion and carrier bearings (not cheap total parts $430 and labor $350 to completely rebuild), steering shaft and draglink (parts labor and alignment $500). the bearings took care of the slack in the driveshaft that was causing a clunk at takeoff and the steering shaft and draglink took care of the slack in the steering wheel.

next on the list, rear wheel bearings....when i recoup some money by working this black beauty....when is start complaining about how much it is to maintenance, i just think about 60k for a new one!

·
Registered
502 Posts
204k new trans at 184k ball joints at 202k rebuilt rear dana 80 posi trac at 180k. used and aboused every day. oh and new paint 203,500

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
204k new trans at 184k ball joints at 202k rebuilt rear dana 80 posi trac at 180k. used and aboused every day. oh and new paint 203,500
Great looking truck! Looking at some of the posts in this thread, i'm impressed by how long these stock trannys will last. I'd love for my truck to last as long as some of these other guys.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
245k with a very hard previous owner (work truck with trailer). I only recently picked it up so I am currently in the process of running through all fluids and finding all of the quirks to her.

Im really hoping to get at least to 500k before anything major, but the truck needs something i havent quite put my finger on (probably injectors)

wont be bone stock too much longer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
cdacaraudio IS THAT A CHEVY EMBLEM ON YOUR TRUCK ???? CANT REALLY TELL ,, FROM THIS ANGLE LOOKS LIKE A BOWTIE LOL

21 - 40 of 45 Posts