The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine had about 40 miles on it, but no note in the glovebox or anything.
It was an ordered vehicle, too. I've wondered why it had a few miles on it when I bought it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I work for a dealer both Ford and now GM every single vehicle will have diffrent miles on them. Say for instance it's a factory order, when it get's to the dealer it will have a few miles on it than the service dept has a tech PDI the vehicle. The tech has a checklist that he goes over-checking fluids, checking bolts and hoses everything than they take it out to make sure there are no squeaks rattles pulling anything. That's one reason for miles another is dealer swaps if a salesman sells a car that they dont have in there inventory they have to try and get it from another dealer so if you go to the lot and you drive a new 2011 truck and it has miles on it it's one of those two reasons. Hope this explains

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine was not ordered but had 43 miles on it when I picked it up. I assume that was just test drives because mine was on the lot about 8 months. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
8 when I started driving 92 when I purchased. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
7 when I started my test drive, 22 when I bought it.

I just put 36 miles on a 2011 6.7 during a test drive, but I am still in my 2010 6.4:thumbsup: And will be for a long time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do not remember the exact miles, but I believe it was approx 20 when I picked up my 2011 factory ordered DRW F350 from the dealer 3 weeks ago.

As of today, I'm already up to about 140 miles!

I, too, had worked for Ford (now retired) and although it has been a number of years, I can still remember seeing trucks being driven out of the factory after final assembly. I'm not an engineer, but a finance guy. However, the way I've seen those trucks being driven at that point in the process was not the what I'd describe as careful driving. ("Gentlemen, start your engines!")

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
19 if i recall

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine was sitting on the lot after 6 months and only had 48 miles on it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
10 on my ordered truck when I picked it up. IIRC my dealer said they drove it to a fuel station to fill it up. Mine was on a QC hold for a few hours before it was loaded for transport so I don't know if that added any to it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts