The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need some help here. Want to lift my excursion and keep getting alot of different answers. How much lift do I need to fit 37's? Some manufacturers say 8" and others say it will work with 6". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would do the 8" lift.
I have 37x13.50 tires w/ 20x10 wheels and -43 offset....and and times my tire hits the inner front fenderwell.
I'm looking into adding 2 more inches to the existing lift.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superlift tech are telling me no rubbing on a 37" x12.5 tire if I run their 7" suspension kit Going to play it safe and run a BFG KM2 345/75/16 (36.4")with a 4.5 backspacing on a 9" wheel. Superlift also says no driveshaft mods? Anyone else running this lift and having driveshaft issues?

Thanks for all of the info.

Tom

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I could do it again I would have done the 10" lift BDS sells w/ the same tires and wheels.
Keep us posted and take some pics.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think you could lift it that high and not modify the rear drive shaft. At 6 1/2 inches I occasionally get rear driveline vibrations.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the 7" super lift on my 01 excursion(havnt changed my signature yet) with 37 12.5 20 nit to terra grapplers they rub pretty good on the front inners when just before lock.....and I'm pretty sure there were no alterations to my drivshaft(bought the truck done) but have looked it over pretty well........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm...I have the BDS 6" all-spring lift and 37x13.50 Nittos and they only rub at full lock when reversing. Wheels are 20x10, et -25.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you get the glassworks fenders you can do it with about 3" of lift. Guy by the name of JDHolder had a Ex with 5" of lift, the fenders, and 40" tires stuffed under it. The fenders are about $400 right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.