·
Registered
279 Posts
thought i would chime in even though its not for an 08
got about $9K off sticker for our new 2006 model bought in January 07

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just ask the dealer to see the Invoice from Ford, this is the same document George C was talking about. It shows all the plans as well as the holdback for the truck. Invoice was so close to X-plan, it was not worth the effort to track down a pin. The dealer I told you about in Utah has no problem showing you this invoice document.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as "how much off the sticker" goes: Go get an X-Plan Pin. This gives you (in my experience with a Sales Manager at a Large Ford Store in the vacinity) somewhere around a 2% under invoice price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an actual invoice in front of me. This truck is a 2008 F350 Lariat 156" that I was offered to dealer trade for, before I decided to order one equipped for me..

Price Level 815
List price: $52,930.00
Invoice Price: $48,299.92
"X" plan Price: $48,181.72
"D" plan $46,380.17
"A" & "Z" plan $46,280.17

As you can see, the "X" plan is roughly $120.00 different from Invoice, and nowhere near 2%

Anybody who falls for "sales" or time frames like "Christmas" won't grasp what we are trying to explain.
The buyer is always in position of power, not the dealer. If for one minute you think the dealer is dictating, you're done. Some have the ability to grasp this basic concept, most do not and probably never will.
So, if you "get it", and don't have an X plan pin, don't sweat it. If you can't negotiate an X plan price without a pin, well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the "D" plan? I got a price today for a 6.4 Lariet List is $52,900 they want $45,999 seems like the "D" ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
ok i just did an online build on ford.com msrp is $60,245 with an invoice of $55,194... for a LOADED Lariat 450 sunroof instead of dvd is 55,194 the best i can do or should i demand a better price, when i go to the dealer monday i want to go in there firm and knowing what im talking about or at least sound like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif im probably going to go to a couple different ones and see who wants to make a deal, right now we have over $500,000 in fords from one dealership, and they have been good to us but i feel like im getting screwed there now. they said on a 50k msrp with the $1000 bonus cash and $1000 loyalty cash i could get it for 46k! i was pissed. also should i expect $54,194 assuming there is a rebate when the truck gets here or would that be pushing it, to me i feel that i should get invoice, and if there is a rebate then that comes off too. larry miller ford truck land in SLC advertises they beat any price so i wanna shop around, go to them, then if im close to 54-55k ill go pay my dealer a visit and see what they say. am i expecting too much? sorry for the long post all. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Just be very businesslike and ask them if they want to sell a truck today...
It's invoice, and not a cent more..

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they do that on an order as well? I can't seem to find the one I want. There pretty well loaded with too many unwanted items or they don't have the one's I need.

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
They only time a dealer may balk at an invoice deal is when they have a vehicle on the lot that a less savvy buyer may be biting on that day.
An order?
They should do hand stands to order and sell a truck at invoice.
It's usually the little dealers who like to play the silly games. The big dealers with lots of cash flow, and goals of selling more units each year will be elated to move another vehicle without insulting your intelligence with some phony salesman dressed like P. Diddy and acting like Donald Trump.
How did the big dealers get big?
By not playing those senseless little games over nickels and dimes the small dealers like to play, and by making numbers of sold units the priority.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't seem to find the one I want. There pretty well loaded with too many unwanted items or they don't have the one's I need.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I would order one. What's the point of nailing down an invoice price on a dealer stocked truck if it comes with a thousand dollars worth of options that you don't want?

I like to order for that reason. I don't care for the sun shining down on me, so I didn't get the moonroof.
My last rig had the adjustable pedals, which I hated because I could never seem to get them back to where I started. IMO, the adjustable pedals are a gadget option unless you are a giant or a munchkin.. I didn't get the DVD player because my kids never use the one in my wifes truck. I didn't get the navigation because I don't like the DVD style or that tiny touch screen waaay off to the side where I can't reach or see easily...
That's over $4,000.00 in stuff I don't like and would never use, so why buy it?
That savings lets me buy a ton of accessories that I would use...

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just be very businesslike and ask them if they want to sell a truck today...
It's invoice, and not a cent more..

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they do that on an order as well? I can't seem to find the one I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, order what you want, then know it will be 6 to 8 weeks before you'll be driving it.

When going to a new dealership, don't even say Hi to the salesmen. Go straight to a manager. In a big dealership, I'd talk to the Fleet Manager, the New Truck Manager, the New Car Manager or the Sales Manager. In my small dealership I deal directly with the Dealer himself. But in a big dealership, the Dealer is often not even there - he's at one of his other stores, maybe in a different city.

Tell that manager you want to order a new truck, you want to pay invoice price plus TT&L, plus you want any rebates or other factory incentives available on the day of delivery. And you won't pay any other fees or junk on the sales contract, including pre-printed stuff such as "Documentation Fee" that they claim is "part of every deal".

Or even easier, get an X-Plan PIN. Then your first words to the manager is "Will you order me a new (describe vehicle) under the X=Plan?" If he says yes, then you have your deal. That's around $100 under invoice, plus you get all factory incentives, plus the dealer is not allowed to add anything else such as documentation fees or dealer prep or "ADP" to the contract without your permission. And you simply don't give your permission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

When sales are in a slump, some dealerships will even match the X-Plan price without your having to have an X-Plan PIN. But all would be reluctant to do it, and some won't do it.

Of course, a trade-in or lease return complicates things. The X-Plan price is fixed, but the amount of your trade-in is negotiable. Usually the best plan is to sell your old ride yourself, and make the buying of the new ride very simple - X-Plan price plus TT&L.

X-Plan PINs are available from any employee or retiree of Ford Motor Company. Scroll up to the top of this forum and read the thread about "AXZ Plan rules". Skip the stuff about A and Z plans and concentrate on X-Plan.

Click here, then search dealer inventory to see examples of X-Plan prices.

Examples in my area:

F-250 King Ranch
$52,940 MSRP
$48,143 X-Plan
$1,000 rebate if you take delivery today
-----------
$47,143 net, plus TT&L
===========
$5,797 less than MSRP
=======

F-450 Lariat pickup
$56,860 MSRP
$52,311 X-Plan
$1,000 rebate if you take delivery today
-------------
$51,311 net, plus TT&L
=======
$5,549 less than MSRP
=======

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I was able to get a pin number from the company I retired from. Went to Ford's Partner web site and put in my company's id number and the pin number and was able to pull up the inventory at the dealer that has the truck I want. Here is the information that I received.

Sticker Price: 46,425
X-Plan Price: 42,415
Retail Bonus
Discount: 1,000

NetX-Plan Price 41,415

Now I have to visit the dealer and go for it.
Don

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
My last post was deleted by someone, and I assume it was because I mentioned the word "gasser", Lord forbid. But I sold my 7.3 for about what the blue book stated for a truck like mine with 182k on the speedo and now have on order with an X plan pin that should be delivered around 8/20. Maybe I'll still be around on this site and maybe not, whatever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I brought the truck today with the x-plan. After looking at the dealer invoice the x-plan was about $200 less than invoice price. Thanks to my old boss for provising with the company code that allowed me to get a pin number. I noticed that on the dealer invoice that the D plan, Ford employees and relatives was about $1500 less.
Pick up the truck on Friday.
Don

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds great... Don' forget to show us pics of the new truck... You do know that is payment for us helping right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
well I found a dealer and truck I'd like but he only wants to give me 11k for my good running 02 7.3..good exteria shape..Lariet ..

The 08 List's for $ 529920

Dealer Discount $ 5,700

Rebates from Ford $ 4,000

Bottom Line $ 32,200

Trade in $ 11,000

If he gave me more for the trade I might have bought it..I need more off the make the deal.

It seems like a fair shake except for the trade doesn't it?

I wish these things weren't so loaded..lot's of options that I don't want.. and make the truck 3K over what I want to spend..

These dealers can't find or won't find me a truck I want.

Fustrating as I have the fineancing and incentives seem to be there but these dealers don't have much in the truck I need...

It's the price for living up in the Great North Woods area.

I'll have to keep looking ..maybe down south..

·
Registered
120 Posts
You should get more for your truck. Send me the particulars in a PM as I have a guy looking for a 7.3 and he missed out on mine.

I just traded my truck in a few weeks ago. It was a 99 with high mileage, crew cab, dually, 4x4, 7.3, auto, XLT. Very clean truck with some extras, needed upper and lower ball joints on both sides. They gave me 15K for it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You should get more for your truck. Send me the particulars in a PM as I have a guy looking for a 7.3 and he missed out on mine.

I just traded my truck in a few weeks ago. It was a 99 with high mileage, crew cab, dually, 4x4, 7.3, auto, XLT. Very clean truck with some extras, needed upper and lower ball joints on both sides. They gave me 15K for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'd you..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got it and already made the appropriate phone call to the guy looking.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts