The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum and just can not find the instructins for this mod. Any help much appreciated. I just got through taking the engine out for a brand new one coming tomorrow. I am doing the AIH mod the EBV mod and 4 inch exhaust turbo back. What other mods are easy and cheap to do while motor is out and before the new one goes in. Do a search with my username to see my problems( i do not use this site much so not alot of posts). thanks guys this is a cool site, just needs a better search page or i need to figure it out.
Thanks again
Jonathan.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys where is a link to this mod. I need to know pretty quick, cause tomorrow the new engine is hopefully going in. What about some other mods also.
thanks
jonathan

· Registered
5,467 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys where is a link to this mod. I need to know pretty quick, cause tomorrow the new engine is hopefully going in. What about some other mods also.
thanks
jonathan

[/ QUOTE ]

Send a PM to FOMOGO...he has done this to two turbos now.

Hammer

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TheHammer69, I appreciate the info. I can not believe that there is no link or easy way to search and find the mod. Can some people ring in and give me some pros and cons of this mod? Thanks!

· Registered
5,467 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks TheHammer69, I appreciate the info. I can not believe that there is no link or easy way to search and find the mod. Can some people ring in and give me some pros and cons of this mod? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pro's: slightly lower exhaust backpressure, slightly lower EGT's, not having to worry about a sticking EBPV

Con's: possible slower warm up on the cold days that it activates.

Hammer

· Registered
135 Posts
I found this in the archives:

You can buy an International turbo pedestal without the ebpv internals. It didn't list a year so not sure if this is the correct
part number or not.
Turbo Pedestal
(Ford) F4TZ-6N639-A (up to 98.5)
(Ford) F81Z6N639-BA (99 F-series w/o EBP)
(Ford) F81Z-6N639-AA (99 F-series w/EBP)
(Ford) F81Z-6N639-DARM (99.5 F-series w/o EBP)
(Ford) F81Z-6N-639-CARM (99.5 F-series w/EBP)
(International) 1822873C1 (Non EBPV pedestal)

I also saw postings about a non-ebpv from www.itpdiesel.com
http://www.itpdiesel.com/

In the meantime, here is a copy from the archive section per user sniezur (I can't link to it, darn it, as it uses frames) cut and pasted here for reference:

Three fasteners retain the EBPV to the turbine housing. They are 3/8" 12 point I believe (then another poster said to go buy a 5/16 12 point socket (1/4 drive). I thought the 5/16 seemd to fit a little tighter than the 8mm) Loosen the bolts when the turbo is hot, then let the assembly cool down before working on it.

The actuator is connected to the bell crank on the butterfly valve with a snap fit ball and socket joint. The EBPV is piloted to the turbine housing so just use a dead blow (lightly) to loosen the it then pull it off after removing the down pipe.

The butterfly is attached to the shaft w/ 2 rivets that have to get ground off. The bushings in the housing that locate the shaft just get pressed out after removing the shaft. I tapped the top end of the housing with a 1/2" NPT and used a reducer to mount my Pyro probe. The bottom hole got a plug pressed and TIG welded in.

Some other folks said to use 12mm plugs and to dremel out the holes to make it fit by putting the 12mm plugs in the freezer to shrink, then pounding them in for a tight fit.

Then i found these pictures:
Gutting EBPV pictures

· Registered
1,957 Posts
Doesnt someone make a bolt in replacement piece with no valve so you dont have to do the grinding and plugging?

· Registered
5,467 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt someone make a bolt in replacement piece with no valve so you dont have to do the grinding and plugging?

[/ QUOTE ]

ITPdiesel.com used to sell that item but they havn't been able to source any in a while. It may be that this item will no longer be cast in the foundries.

Hammer

· Registered
1,957 Posts
I saw what they had but they are out. I contacted Garrett directly and am waiting on a response.

· Registered
5,467 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I saw what they had but they are out. I contacted Garrett directly and am waiting on a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you will get very far with them.

Hammer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.