The Diesel Stop banner

HOW TO IMPROVE ENGINE LONGEVITY AND MPG?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul H 
#1 ·
My 2005 F250 6.0L has 120K miles and running well. Now that my factory warranty is over, I am interested in mods to improve MPG and engine longevity. I am NOT interested in boosting torque, horse power or making it louder just to be louder. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
FS2500 Oil Filter, Coolant Filter, Keeping on top of routine maint., Fuel Regulator upgrade, HPOP STC Fitting replacement, Deletion of other items can help keep the longevity of the engine

#4 ·
Looked at http://www.fs2500filter.com/
Which version of the FS-2500 oil filter do you recommend..
A) The standard kit for the 6.0L returns filtered oil to the engine via a carefully engineered oil drain plug that replaces the factory plug.
B) An optional kit (for $70 more) allows the oil to return to a short oil fill tube adaptor that fits neatly between the valve cover and the factory oil fill cap.

Is is worth the extra $70?

Also, SS or rubber.. is the SS version worth the extra $90?

#5 ·
When I installed the 4 in turbo back exhaust I gained about 2 mpg. Well worth the money. I have been running 2 stroke oil in my diesel also. I also deleted other items which I think is critical for the longevity. I am just about to 100,000 miles and havn't had to do anything besides preventative maintenance.

#8 ·
Edge Insight will let you see all the PIDs you want except fuel pressure all in one package

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.