The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some one has posted this before. Please point me to the fact or explain how to remove the powered trailer mirror's, also how to get to area behind the mirror. I'm looing into a cheap way to install a heater. Maybe it can be done, maybe it can't. Time is something I have the most of. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
crunch 11

go to shawns FAQ pg and you will find what you need.
:

------------------
STEPHEN 350 4X4 SILVER XLT TINTED WINDOWS AUTO BURLWOOD DASH FORD BED LINER BANKS AIR FILTER POWER/PKG COMP/TEMP MIRROR PINSTRIPED SPOT LIGHT LUND/VISER BFG 295`S Fisher plow my truck

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Well, I suspect it's not in the FAQ. Instead, there's an article by Dick Savage that explains how to take apart the trailer-tow mirrors on a '99. To find that article, scroll up to the top of this forum and click on the big Ford-Diesel.com logo. That will get you to the main page of this website. From there, look on the left edge of the screen and click on "contents", then on "feature articles", then scroll down to the article on Mirror Adjustment for 99 SD's. That article will probably answer your questions.

Or, if you'd rather save time, just click on this to go directly to that article:

Mirror Adjustment for 99 SD's

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 05-30-2000).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Smokey,
That was just what I was looking for, I knew I had seen it somewhere. Alas, one side of the grey matter, does not always keep up with the other.
I also tow a large 5'ver with my 350 dually and was quite intrested in the discussion on tow weights you were part of.
I'm off to weight my rig once more. I am heavy on the pin weight[aprox. 3000#] on a 12k wet trailer. I'm going to the factory for reairs and am thinking about sliding trailer axle's.
Have a good one down there in cow country,
crunch1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts