The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I am right int he middle of doing mine now. I picked up a 1 1/16 deep socket from OReilly's, and I did not have to cut mine down, but my universal was a little shorter than the new one I bought, and that may have made the difference.

I removed that stud at the back of the manifold and I pulled the FICM and its mounting bracket off the valve cover and removed the Degas bottle. I had no problems reaching in with the socket/universal/extension setup and breaking the sensor loose. I was even able to reach my hand back there and finish unscrewing it by hand to remove.

I would have put it back together last night, however I plan on soldering the new pigtail connections and heat shrinking them and it was to late for me to tackel soldering, so I left the assembly part of the job for tonight.

BTW, I did alot of reasearch and instead of getting the parts frmo Ford, I ordered mine from the International Dealer. And you now what, the Sensor that same out of the truck had the International Part number on it. I paid about $85 for the sensor and $20 for the pigtail.

When I pulled the FICM, I saw its International Stickers on the bottom of it. I will be getting as many parts as I can for this thing form International as the need replacing. HUGE price difference...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Why are you guys still spending $140 on Ebay and up form the dealer for these parts. Get them from International. Same parts and cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.