The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me F350 needs steering dampening for the dreaded "Death Wobble". I want to install a dual shock stabilizer to it, but they are all saying for 2" and up lifts, those that don't specify though, I have found that the main bracket on the axle gets struck on hard bumps like a speed bump and knocks it down to rest on the center link. Any one have the stock front fender height for a 2012 F350 King Ranch? Looking at the truck it looks level, but don't have a tape measure handy at the moment to check.

Anyone know of a dual shock type, or even a single one to replace the OEM one that can help dampen the steering? It has a new OEM installed at the moment, but there have been instances where I got a good shimmy from hitting a large enough bump, and there may be times when my wife will be driving this, so want to make sure it is as stable as possible until I can find a shop that can set the Caster to 3* to help eliminate the DW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don’t need dampening to stop it as that is just a bandaid. What you really need to do is get under there and find out which component is showing wear. Specifically focus on the trackbar as that’s usually the culprit. Both ends needs to be locked down TIGHT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don’t need dampening to stop it as that is just a bandaid. What you really need to do is get under there and find out which component is showing wear. Specifically focus on the trackbar as that’s usually the culprit. Both ends needs to be locked down TIGHT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Other than ball joints, all the above has been replaced. Ball joints check out tight as well. I know the real fix is to add 2* of caster, but that requires an alignment shop who knows what they are doing. What I really want to know is what are the stock heights so that I can check to see if anything else has been modified by the previous owner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts