The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I have missed reading some instructions. I found some info about the new "reply with quote" button, but when I tried to use it, it quotes the entire message. I also tried highlighting just the portion I wanted to quote, but still get the whole thing. I see some of you are able to just quote a portion of a post. How the heck are you doing that? Can someone set me straight?

------------------
2000 SD CC PSD 4X4 Lariat, 156" WB, Island Blue & Harvest Gold, all of the goodies, Ordered from GRIDLEY COUNTRY FORD (where Dieselmann works) 11-23-99, Sched. to be built w/o 1-10-00

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NP:
I see some of you are able to just quote a portion of a post. How the heck are you doing that?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With plain ole Windows cut-n-paste. You begin with the entire message quoted. Then use the mouse to highlight the part of the quoted text that you want to get rid of, and then mash the delete key, or else use the mouse to edit-cut.

Be careful to not delete the brackets around the "B"s which is the UBB code to make the quote show up in boldface font. Look up at the top of this message to the quoted part. Did I do it right?

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. .... Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts