The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J. Moran:
How to send a photo link from one post to another....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's how I do it - using Win98 and IE5 - but it should also work with Win95 and NetScape:

Go to the web page you want to to reference. While looking at the pretty picture, put the mouse pointer on the "address" window at the top of the screen and click. That will change the color of the current address block to "marked".

Then move the mouse pointer even higher on the screen to the "edit" button and click. Then move the mouse pointer down to "copy" and click. That copies the marked address into the Windows scratchpad.

Next, go to the reply window where you're writing your e-mail or message or posting on Ford-Diesel.com. Move the cursor to where you want that URL to be pasted, then move the mouse pointer up to that Windows "edit" button and click.

Then click on "paste", and the URL will be pasted from the Windows scratchpad into your document at the cursor.

Works for me.

BTW, when you paste the URL into the Ford-Diesel.com message editor, it will not add all the UBB code junk on the screen you are looking at to write the message. But when you save (post) the message on a forum, the software will key on the www part of the URL and add the appropriate UBB code to make it a link. You can see this if you later edit one of your messages that includes a link - the UBB code junk adds a lot to the simple URL you pasted into the message.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Another tip to remember is whenever you add a link that way, make sure to leave a space after the link. What I mean is if you're putting the link at the end of a sentance, don't put a comma or anything else right after the end of the link (although a period appears to not be a problem). In the examples below, link #1 will work, but #2 won't because there's a comma after the .com , (notice how I left a space before the comma here)

#1 www.ford-diesel.com

#2 www.ford-diesel.com,

A second note is that if you do a lot of link copying, you can hilight the link the way SmokeyWren noted, but to save time and steps, you can use Hot-Key combinations to copy and paste:

[Ctrl]+C Copies the selected text into the Windows Clipboard.

[Ctrl]+V Pastes text from the Windows Clipboard into the active window at the cursor position.

[Ctrl]+X Cuts the selected text into the Windows Clipboard. Same thing as the Copy function, but removes the selected text from the source document (only in an editable document, not a web page). If you accidentally use the Cut function, simply use Paste to replace it before moving to the new document.

Hope I didn't confuse things too much...

Steve.

------------------
What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?
My shortened list of options: 1FTWW32F6XEE12366 Click here to decode it!
Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I just figure out how to type the code in my sig. Actually it's not hard. The way I did it may seem to be a little long but it worked great.

I put the url I wanted into my sig. in the profile section of this page. Submitted it then went back in to the profile. I noticed it had put the URL in twice, seperated by a close bracket "]". All I did was replace the 2nd URL in the line of code with the text I wanted and submitted it again.

Here's an example: The Texoma rally info page

Type the code in like this except without the quotes "A picture of my truck
PSD Get Together at Lake Texoma, TX. April 14-16, 2000

[This message has been edited by Sid MacAllister (edited 02-11-2000).]

·
Registered
325 Posts
If its not to involved could someone explain:How to send a photo link from one post to another, I tried the drag and drop thing--no good. I figured out how to type in the http// format but there must be an easier way. My situation was that I found a picture that another member would like to see on the diesel web site, so I wanted to post a reply to the member with the highlighted link but couldnt get it to work. Any ideas.

------------------
2000, F-250SD,CC,Lariet,
PSD,305/70/16 on stock wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts