The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t remember the ratio anymore, I sorta stopped doing it and forgot why we did it. I think for lubrication because the new diesel doesn’t have it anymore.

Would it be alright to run that 2 stroke mixture in a old 83 John deer. 32 gallon fuel tank so about the same as my duallys. Just got the old thing, want to treat it right till the new wears off. The dually is up for a oil change as well so i finally have enough diesel equipment to get the 5 gallon bucket sales. While the 7.3 doesn’t burn oil that old tractor does. Can’t find the oil capacity online but I’m gonna run some Lucas in it for giggles.

So I guess my question was just ratio. I forgot.

Maybe ratio on Lucas to oil. If it takes more then a quart. I think the 7.3 was 12 quarts. Idk what the 5.9 John deer motor is yet.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I had asked about ratio some time back for my 7.3 and RT had suggested that him and a lot of others add 1 qt. of the Wallyworld 2 stroke oil to a tank of diesel. Thats what I’ve been doing and it is running great.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I would not run Lucas in anything. I don’t recall ever reading anything positive about their products.

Your JD would like 2-cycle oil.

You could run a minimum Biodiesel blend if you wanted to clean the fuel system. (B5-B11).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not run Lucas in anything. I don’t recall ever reading anything positive about their products.

Your JD would like 2-cycle oil.

You could run a minimum Biodiesel blend if you wanted to clean the fuel system. (B5-B11).

I stayed up late last night reading. People really just say Lucas oil is to thick and can cause warmer oil temps, they had stats on it and It’s probably right, so here’s my story. I ran seafoam in my motors oil on 2 trucks. Later after changing oil and draining the old with seafoam I’ve got a tick on first start up... both trucks. I had a quart a Lucas someone gave me and put it in one truck and it did stop the tick.... but honestly I’d say not to run no additives in oil. Never start that just run your oil.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Just add a quart of two stroke water cooled oil per tankful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts