The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Here is my take.... please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Warrantee Issues: I don't see how since this feature is already included in the programing of the vehicle.
2. SEIC only idles up to 1200rpm, the BCP (Battery Charge Protect) will idle up to 1200rpm initially and is supposed to idle up a little higher if the battery is not maintaining its charge at 1200rpms, in order to maintain it.
3. If you do not have the PTO option to run accessories off...I do not see the benefit of hooking up to the SEIC. At least with the BCP you get the high idle AND the additional feature of ensuring your battery maintains charge as required.
4. No it will not affect the cold weather strategy....unless you turn on your high idle. Your high idle will overide the cold weather stragegy if you turn it on. (at least thats how it was on my 04)

·
Registered
925 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Bear Hunter-
What is "cold weather strategy"? I live in North Idaho, it gets cold here. I was thinking I was going to install this in the morning, but I want my truck to warm up right.
Thanks-

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold weather strategy automatically bumps your rpms up to like 900. The high idle Mod does not affect this factory feature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.