The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Checked in with the upfitter who is installing a Knapaheide body and Liftmoore 6000# all hydraulic crane on my new F550 4X4 service truck. They will have the SEIC wired into the crane control for the 1200 rpm boost. I think I will do the BCP setup myself when I FINALLY get the truck. There is a lot of info available at the www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas site. Download SVE bulletin Q-108. This works only on F and E series trucks over 8500GVW and with "Transmission Power Take Off Provision" option code 62R.

I am currently running a 95' GM HD3500 6.5 TD service truck and it has a SEIC feature that is a 12V signal to a terminal in the PCM. This also came with a switch on the crane control and I put in an additional switch on the IP to use when jump starting or other times as needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's not that you need to purchase it so much as the aftermarket people NEED to sell more gadgets. The Aftermarket throttle commanders and such were necessary on the 7.3's and now with full electronic throttle it's a DIY project. I believe any vehicle or heavy truck or equipment with an electronic throtle can do this. The accelerator pedal on electronicly controlled engines is nothing more than a potentiometer telling the PCM to increase RPM when depressed. By knowing the voltages and right pin on the PCM you can make the engine do most anything you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.