The Diesel Stop banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, and with SOOO many positive comments I hope MY post is NOT taken the wrong way. Maybe because I have not been posting my questions in the right place and have become a bit frustrated...
I will try to make this short because my posts are usually LOOOONNNNG.
(2003 E-350 7.3)
SOOO much talk about Upfitter switch's, PTO's Battery Charge (BCP), Emergency Brake tapping and wiring, Ford Factory AIC units (Big Bucks) , Wire tappin under the hood... Just goes on and on and while it might be needed for certain applications or goals ie: PTO or Battery charging...
WHAT ABOUT some simple answers to the questions I have posted (probably in the wrong place) about weather a person can just do TWO things WITHOUT FRYING their PCM.
#1. There are two wires that run to the IVS on the pedal. (Seems like a simple on/off circuit). Can you just run some wires to a simple on/off switch and (bypass)/(trick) the PCM into thinking you have pushed the pedal down? THEN
#2. There are THREE wires running to the pedal's TPS (throttle position sensor) and I am going to guess this is nothing more than a POTENTIOMETER sending (ohms values) to the PCM, and if you (tap) into the CORRECT wires there and send the circuit through your own (pot(s) of certain resistance values it will again (trick) the PCM into thinking you are again pushing down on the pedal?
I (as a private owner) see no reason to be wired into e-brake or shift validate is in PARK or 4 way flashers on... or anything else!
My problem is simple asking if what I described can basically be done for the $8.oo worth of Radio Shack (pots) and on/off switch and maybe some knowledge from this board (instructions). Mostly I am not sure about what wires to tap off the TPS and/or if I am cutting and bypassing those wires or just tapping them (parallel I think it would be as opposed to in series if I cut them) . The IVS seems pretty straight forward but again detailed but simple instructions similar to the way I have asked here, would be nice. MOST of all I am hoeing someone can assure me that this kind of tapping and sending through resistors is VERY UNLIKELY to FRY my PCM!
I see in all these above posts about tapping a 12 volt power source? BUT I also get the impression that has to do with either all the other (safety) wiring or because it's for being used for PTO or battery charge protect circuits. Again, I just want it as simple as possible tapped right off the wires running to the existing pedal. Also I find that every other thread I have read seems to be for F series and that the wire colors just do not match so it is kind of hard to know just what wires to tap into for sure.
O.K. I told you my posts get long but maybe if I am lucky I have posted in the right place this time and can get some GOOD information... Thank you all in advance for any help. DDT

·
Registered
422 Posts
Please forgive me, I just now see this is in the 6.0 section BUT I do seem to have read other posts about other engines and years. Not a big sin I hope?

81 - 82 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.