The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a leak. It looks like it is coming from the hp oil line fitting on the pasenger side head. Fitting to block that is.
I am working in camp and using the truck every day
So the questions are

1 how much worse can the leak get? can I get by with just adding oil for the next 30 days or am I looking at a sudden flood from this

2 what size is this o ring if I know I can get one picked up in town and shipped to me

·
Registered
998 Posts
Is it the o ring? Usually it just comes loose and the ring is fine. Just tighten. You can get the o ring, but I can't remember the size. I have a bunch. Were is camp? I'm in BC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will try to tighten the fitting tommorow.
Home is Hudson's Hope and I am presently working an hour out of Grande Cache Ab.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I had one leak for years. I just couldn't track it down to that.

Might find one at a parts/hydraulic shop that fits.

·
Super Moderator
26,501 Posts
The o-ring size is either -905 or -906 (can't remember which). Should be available at a hydraulics shop. If the o-ring is split, the leak won't stop by tightening the fitting (but it will slow it down). If you can get the o-rings (buy a couple of each size), it's a pretty easy fix.

Found the info on o-ring sizes here: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f47/o-ring-sizes-can-we-get-sticky-182977/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks again I tightened it today hopefully it will slow down a bit.
Heck if oil keeps going down I may never fix it LOL.
I would rather not take it apart untill i get home, Just my superstion
but things can get worse with no easy way to deal with it.

I think in the spring as preventitve maintance I will change over to CNC Fabs lines and do all the orings

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The cnc lines comes necessary hardware and Orings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts